Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How should Wildlife Management be funded? >

How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How should Wildlife Management be funded?

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

you sure know your stuff bb and you are right as usual []
Was that a compliment or a shot in the shorts? I am not into the meanings of all the gremlins.

If it was a compliment ,thanks a lot and if it was a shot in the shorts I hope you enjoyed it.
Old 02-04-2009, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ahhhhh take it as you wish bb
Old 02-04-2009, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Since I always prefer a compliment to a shot in the shorts .I'll take it as a compliment. Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Typical Buck

To R.S.B.
I haven't had a chance to look into the link you posted containing expense and revenue info. But here is just one suggestion. Now that X-bows are legal the PaGC should mandate the bowhunter education course and charge a few $ more. I have no problem paying extra $ when I am getting something extra in return like the ability to bow hunt in Alaska using that Bow-Ed card. I attended the PaGC Cable Restraint class this past year. I have never trapped in my life and and still didn't learn anything from the class I hadn't already known except the "proper names" for parts of the restraint. I spent $15 for what? To learn very little but be able to use a cable restraint???

I have the utmost respect for "Respectable" WCO's and I understand your job isn't easy but your administration isn't helping you much more than they are helping the hunters in Pa. Your upper management sucks and better, more qualified people with legitimate credentialsshould replace them. I feel they are getting paid twice what they are worth. And every increased expensein this or that for the hunters "somehow" finds a way to make those who decide or vote on policy more wealthy.
Old 02-05-2009, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

good info.if i had my way the only people hired AT pgc would be WCO/LAND MANAGERS,rest, there is door.

if the PGC would just go to smaller fuel efficent vehicles they would save MILLIONS on insurance,repairs, tires, gas/oil.

i know because our group saved our employeer bigtime on vehicle repairs.

justdifference on size of tire can amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.
thats not including the lost labor/delay and tow trucks because of rusted nuts etc.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

4EVER,How much of a paycut do you expect the commissioners to take?You do know that they don't get paid now.
Old 02-05-2009, 07:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

4EVER,How much of a paycut do you expect the commissioners to take?You do know that they don't get paid now.
well, douge, you are right on that one.

maybe he did not know.

why would anyone want a position that is not paid.hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 02-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

I stand corrected, Thank you DougE! You are correct, the commissioners are getting paid exactly what they deserve for the job they have done.

I believe some financial benefit can be received if the PAGC implements a cost for hunter education programs. This is just my opinion feel free to disagree but, I don't mind spending money on something that I know I am benefitting from. Pay some $ and in return receive training/education. I feel we should have a mandated bowhunter ed class especially now that there is the Xbow inclusion. Alot of rifle hunters will be hunting with a stringed weapon for the first time and there needs to be more emphasis on the ethics/ responsibility side of hunting with a bow in comparison to a gun. The method of dispatching an animal byhemorrage compared to shock and trauma is different and needs to beaddressedas so. Also, how about a muzzleloader course? Some states mandate them, which isn't a bad thing. The PaGC would have the ability to create a financial gain from these courses as well as creating a safer hunting experience for all. It isn't a "cure-all" but anything that will enable the PAGC to improve habitat I am fully in support of. But this money needs to go to habitat. If policies or programs are created for the sole purpose of habitat then put 100% of that money into habitat. Don't distribute it among other progams.
Old 02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Banned

Actually if you want to think of it that way, THEY should be paying US restitution.

"But this money needs to go to habitat. If policies or programs are created for the sole purpose of habitat then put 100% of that money into habitat. Don't distribute it among other progams."

Dont ever count on it. The pgc crowd are talking on another board about the new bill that would mandate that pgc would set aside at least 10% of the money they get from timbering towards habitat improvement/reforestation efforts. They are DEAD SET againstit, and again we areonly talking TEN STINKING PERCENT!!

That tells me exactly how concerned they are with hunting, hunters and the habitat. Theyd rather have extra money at all times in case they have to answer for wrong doings, making them have to go without approved fee increases etc. All so they can cater to tree hugging allies.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:36 PM
Typical Buck

This is why I hunt private land that I am able to manage myself with little influence from PAGC policies. Buy or lease what land you can and plant what you want, apply whateverlegal and upAntler Restriction you have your sights set on, allow however many doe you have determined to be above 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 ratio to be harvested. And limit traffic on those grounds to keep those deer at ease.

If I felt I had a great chance at harvesting a mature deer consistently on state game lands, I wouldn't have to spend the 100's, sometimes 1,000's of $ a year I do. I have given up on hoping the PAGC is going to do anything better than what they have in the past for the deer. I want big bucks but not at the cost of not seeing any deer for 3 or more days in a row (on public lands).

I feel the PAGC is at a point where a successful outcome of any kind for anything other than turkey and bear isunlikely at best. They have to improve habitat and until they are willing to sacrifice whereever possible they will continue tosee a decrease inhunters and game populations. Eventually they will have little to offer the majority of hunters who will decide to give up hunting or choose to hunt other states where the game they pursue is plentiful. When it gets to that point Ohio is only 6 hrs away from me and I can hunt with my bow from late sept till february 7 days a week, many more opportunites to hunt and many more deer and small game species as well. I want to be able to hunt locally but when there is very little to hunt I won't buy a PA license?

Quick Reply: How should Wildlife Management be funded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.