Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 2008 Big Game records >

2008 Big Game records

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2008 Big Game records

Old 01-24-2009, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default 2008 Big Game records

The big game scoring results are featured in this months PA game news.

Here are some of the results

206 bowhunters and 91 rifle hunters entered typical deer. While there are a handful of entries killed in the 80's and 90's, the vast majority have been killed since 1999.Interestingly, 9 of the Top 10 bowkills and 8 of the top 10 rifle kills were killed in 2004 and later (post AR)

While 206 bowkills vs 91 rifle entries seems to indicate that archers are killing more big bucks, the majority of big bucks still fall to rifle hunters.
the minimum for a rifle deeris 140" while the bow minimum is 115" If the 140" minimum standard were applied to bowkills there would only be 59 entries

Three new all time deer records fell. The new number one bucks of all time forarchery both typical and nontypical were taken in 2004 and 2007 respectively. This was of course, after AR had time to work.The all time best nontypical gun buck was taken in in 2007.Also after AR had a chance to work.

I guess this aint Mississippi after all
Old 01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 2008 Big Game records

Three new all time deer records fell. The new number one bucks of all time for archery both typical and nontypical were taken in 2004 and 2007 respectively. This was of course, after AR had time to work. The all time best nontypical gun buck was taken in in 2007. Also after AR had a chance to work.
Those record buck bucks were also product of the largest herd in the history of the state. Unless you can prove those record buck bucks weren't AR legal as 1.5 buck you can't proved they were produced by ARs. All you can say is that were harvested while ARs were in effect.
I guess this aint Mississippi after all

You are right PA is not Miss. The breeding rates in Miss. didn't decreased by 5% and their buck harvest didn't decrease by 46%. furthermore , unlike PA ,miss . didn't without the data on the average rack sizes of 2.5+ buck like PA.

Old 01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I'll just let the results speak for themselves

Here's a little graphic depicting how those who voted in the AR poll feel

Uh thats three to one aint it?
Old 01-24-2009, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is your only choice since you obviously don't have the knowledge to defend them.

And Obama is president, which means we have millions of people who want the government to pass laws that make it easier them to reach their goals, just like trophy hunters who support ARs
With respect to bucks 31⁄2 years old and older, Mississippi leads the nation with 60 percent of their
buck harvest reaching this age category. This percentage has tripled in Mississippi since 1999. Texas
is second with 49 percent, and Arkansas is third with 38 percent.
reaching this age
In PA only 26% of our buck harvest is 3.5+ buck. Once again , PA isn't like Miss.,we aren't half as good at protecting buck, yet Miss. suffers from reduced rack sizes.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think it's fair to compare these protected deer to those that were harvested in prior years, when AR wasn't in effect. raise the minimum points again and all these current record bucks will fall.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

One thing that is missing from these reports is the location where those buck were harvested. If the were harvested in the WMUs where HR had minimal effect they do not represent what has happened in areas like 2G where the buck harvest is less than 2 buck/SM.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

I don't think it's fair to compare these protected deer to those that were harvested in prior years, when AR wasn't in effect. raise the minimum points again and all these current record bucks will fall.
It probably isn't quite fair. A big buck shot before AR was probably the result of a much longer odds situation. That fact also proves that AR has been a success.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

One thing that is missing from these reports is the location where those buck were harvested.
Wrong. the locationwhere each buck was taken islisted. Maybe you should read things before you try to spin things and tell us whats wrong with them.
Old 01-24-2009, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

hehehehehehehe bb is like a stripped bolt just keeps on twisting
Old 01-24-2009, 03:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was referring to reports on this MB ,not the reports in the PGNs article. So where were all these big buck harvested.? How many were from 2G which is the best managed WMU in the state? did 2G lead all other DMUs in the number of record book buck?
A big buck shot before AR was probably the result of a much longer odds situation
that sentence is basically meaningless. please provide a translation.

Quick Reply: 2008 Big Game records

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.