Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 2008 Big Game records >

2008 Big Game records

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2008 Big Game records

Old 01-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 2008 Big Game records

2G is well represented on the lists. Give the PGC $3.99 and you can see for yourself Bluejob
Old 01-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowtruck

hehehehehehehe bb is like a stripped bolt just keeps on twisting
do you really want to engage in an exchange of cheap shots and insults? If you do ,my response would be that you are still in the stone age and haven't advanced to the point where your threads could be stripped. Personally , you might qualify as a rotten spoke in Freddy Flinstones wagon ,but not much more than that!!
Old 01-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

The fact that Pa has a 115" archery minimum says it all. Itonly highlights the pathetic quality that we have here.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

rock on with your big bad self bb2 lmao
Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

do you really want to engage in an exchange of cheap shots and insults?
No matter what nicknames I may give you,Richard Cranium, you still hit the all time low in the other thread.
Old 01-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

do you really want to engage in an exchange of cheap shots and insults?
No matter what nicknames I may give you,Richard Cranium, you still hit the all time low in the other thread.
Well , anybody but a brain dead moron would recognize that those names are not intended as nicknames. They are intended to belittle and degrade a fellow hunter. And i can say you reached an all time low for calling my example a lie. mature adults should be able to discuss the issues of deer management without resorting to your false accusations and name calling. but you can't compete on those terms so you have to resort to the lowest level possible.
Old 01-24-2009, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

Here's one wildlifebiologist's reply to the Newsweek article touted by the antis (and some that might not actually be antis, but might as well be),as proof that hunting trophy animals is bad for the herd:

http://mainehuntingtoday.com/bbb/2009/01/19/rebuttal-dr-valerius-geist-responds-to-newsweek-article-on-trophy-hunting/
Old 01-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Typical Buck

That's an interesting article. The same Dr. Valeruis Geist back in 1988 wrote an article in D&DH magazine listing threats to modern hunting and wildlife conservationand at the top of his list was privatization of wildlife...coincidentally the holy grail of QDM. Nature's motto is survival of the fittest. Trophy hunting preaches survival of the weakest, as we target the largest specimens for the trophy room fireplace. How can this practice which ispolar opposite of mother nature's intention, be good for wildlife? If man still hunted in the true role of a predator, for substance, it would be the weak that we would prey on, just as the wolves, coyotes, lions, and other top predators. Granted, in a state with hunting pressure as great as ours, and such a broad range of desires among hunters concerning what they kill, the effect may be slight, but in some situations regarding ceratin species and locales, it stands that the effect could be severe.
Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel

That's an interesting article. The same Dr. Valeruis Geist back in 1988 wrote an article in D&DH magazine listing threats to modern hunting and wildlife conservationand at the top of his list was privatization of wildlife...coincidentally the holy grail of QDM. Nature's motto is survival of the fittest. Trophy hunting preaches survival of the weakest, as we target the largest specimens for the trophy room fireplace. How can this practice which ispolar opposite of mother nature's intention, be good for wildlife? If man still hunted in the true role of a predator, for substance, it would be the weak that we would prey on, just as the wolves, coyotes, lions, and other top predators. Granted, in a state with hunting pressure as great as ours, and such a broad range of desires among hunters concerning what they kill, the effect may be slight, but in some situations regarding ceratin species and locales, it stands that the effect could be severe.

SS I agree that privatizing any wildlife would most often not be good for it. I think whats happening around here in terms of privatization is more the result of landowners privatizing the rights to hunt more than anything else but sometimes, i agree, the latter causes the former.

But that's not what QDM is all about. QDM also preaches taking out antlerless deer and inferior bucks. We are the most efficient predators on earth. I'm sure we can all agree that limits must be placed on hunting any animal. The issues arises with the nature of those limits

QDM is all about keeping a healthy herd. Big bucks are the brass ring on that ride but a healthy herd is truly the QDM goal. QDM is also about managing the habiat for food, cover and sanctuary. AS far as the hunting part, True QDM, which isn't possible in most of PA, involves culling inferior animals and letting the best age. In a true QDM situation, a buck isnt harvested till 5 1/2. By that time, the best animals will have passed their genes on before being killed.

The big problem with PA is that the state is trying to manage on a wholesale level. It'll never be anywhere near perfect on that level.
Old 01-25-2009, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a quote from the article by Geist..

4) Since trophy hunting and management is centuries old, why was it never mentioned that reversing selection for large horns or antlers restored trophy size? Loss of hereditary potential through hunting was long recognized as well as the antidote: reintroduce the missing factors, the missing genes, from adjacent populations – or merely wait and let normal dispersal do it for you. Why is such not mentioned in the mew media?
Geist clearly states that hunting can result in the loss of hereditary potential, but that it can be reversed by reintroducing the missing genes.

Quick Reply: 2008 Big Game records

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.