Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 2008 Big Game records >

2008 Big Game records

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

2008 Big Game records

Old 01-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 2008 Big Game records

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

ORIGINAL: Coalcracker

I don't think it's fair to compare these protected deer to those that were harvested in prior years, when AR wasn't in effect. raise the minimum points again and all these current record bucks will fall.
It probably isn't quite fair. A big buck shot before AR was probably the result of a much longer odds situation. That fact also proves that AR has been a success.
Help me understand what this means. Are you turning speculation on your part into fact?
Old 01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

I don't think it's fair to compare these protected deer to those that were harvested in prior years, when AR wasn't in effect. raise the minimum points again and all these current record bucks will fall.
It probably isn't quite fair. A big buck shot before AR was probably the result of a much longer odds situation. That fact also proves that AR has been a success.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dr Kroll did just that and your response was to say that he's biased
Kroll provided absolutely nothing to challenge the harvest data results from Miss. that showed rack sizes decreased Even Kroll's own research supports the theory of high grading which Dr. Demarais stated was responsible for the decrease in size.
explained, explained, and explained again
Lies , lies , lies and more lies. The sample size didn't drop by 50% in areas with high breeding rates or double in areas with low breeding rates. Both you and RSB have no clue what caused the 5% decrease in breeding rates.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

same ol same ol same as yesterday and will be more of the same tommrow
Old 01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: the outsider

Help me understand what this means. Are you turning speculation on your part into fact?
I was simply agreeing with coalcracker that bucks had a tougher time living long enough to be record book quality before AR. The fact that most of the big bucks in this scoring session were killed 2+ years after AR would seem to imply that it's having a positive effect on the average antler size
Old 01-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

The fact that most of the big bucks in this scoring session were killed 2+ years after AR would seem to imply that it's having a positive effect on the average antler size
The measuring session tells us nothing about the average rack size of 2.5+ buck, since we are not harvesting the 2.5+ buck that aren't AR legal like we did before ARs. The scoring session also didn't provide any data on the 2.5+ buck that were AR legal but not big enough to be entered in the scoring session.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

The fact that most of the big bucks in this scoring session were killed 2+ years after AR would seem to imply that it's having a positive effect on the average antler size
The measuring session tells us nothing about the average rack size of 2.5+ buck, since we are not harvesting the 2.5+ buck that aren't AR legal like we did before ARs. The scoring session also didn't provide any data on the 2.5+ buck that were AR legal but not big enough to be entered in the scoring session.
Not what I said Blueboy. I think RSB was right. I think we gave you too much credit by assuming that you had some degree of intelligence when it cam to reading and understanding things. Go back and read slower and try again. After three tries I'll give you the answer.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is what you said and that is what I responded to. Are you now denying you said it? If so , I have no idea what you are talking about and neither do you.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The same can be said about the 5% statewide decline in the breeding rates. It hasn’t been established yet that there really was a decline but even if there really was there are a number of issues that could very possibly lead to a decline besides the affects of antler restrictions.
I didn't say that ARs were responsible for the decrease in breeding rates, I said ARs failed to improve breeding rates like you said they would. We didn't have a shortage of buck before ARs and I proved that before the PGC implemented ARs ,but you were in denial . Now the deer have proven I was right and you were dead wrong.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Fork Horn

The amount of hunters in support of antler restrictions in Pennsylvania is also increasing as can be seen in the following.

Hunter support for antler restrictions:
2002.…………………57 %
2007.…………………63 %

How many hunters were polled? 10%? 20%? 50%? Polled statistics are how accurate? Either way, this isn't an ovewhelming % of hunters that support AR's. And at this rate, it will take 25 more years to have 90% approval rate.

Quick Reply: 2008 Big Game records

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.