Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 From our Friends at Audubon >

From our Friends at Audubon

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

From our Friends at Audubon

Old 01-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: From our Friends at Audubon

Listen to the tone of this article. Do you really expect hunters to feel that they are on our team. First the article calls deer a Public menace and then they call them a killer that is loose in the forest. Then there are these two quotes, "But how will wildlife managers ever be able to manage the deer if they can't manage the deer hunters" and this one, "But the deer advocates who create the worst trouble for wildlife managers and present the only real threat to biodiversity and the future of hunting are the hunters themselves." I look at this little gem and I can read between the lines just fine. This buckaroo isn't being fooled by anyone.

Old 01-13-2009, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

BB,now you just being flat out deceitful.I pretty much never had a bit of respect for Alt and was elated when he left.You know that though.While there are some truths in that article,the Audubon is as much as an extremists group as those on here wantingand expecting to see dozens of deer a day.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DougE

BB,now you just being flat out deceitful.I pretty much never had a bit of respect for Alt and was elated when he left.You know that though.While there are some truths in that article,the Audubon is as much as an extremists group as those on here wanting and expecting to see dozens of deer a day.
While you rejected Alt's lies about ARs and the B/D ratio you swallowed his lies about the habitat hook line and sinker and you are still defending Alt's position on the habitat, even though the deer have proven you were both wrong.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cornelius08

Audubon truly is no friend to the hunter. Ive read far worse on some of their pages. Far more craziness than that. They also continually belittle hunters. Yet Pgc allowed them to play a very key role in our deer management. It just doesnt make sense.

Ive also seen them state on their website that members should join sportsmens groups. Join hunting message boards in an effort to have a "louder voice" in issues such as deer management. After hearing a few, that go around to many boards its not hard to see whom some of those jokers may be. Though NOONE ever admits to it for fear of instantaneously losing all credibility among those they are attempting to sway.

Thats cats are sneaky and just plain ol' dirty. They are anti-deer to the bone and unfortunately have sunk roots on the governors advisory board (who helps pick pgc commissioners!!) and also have landed very powerful allies on the board of commissioners. These eco-fruitcake skunks need to be smoked out of the woodpile and provisions made so their "kind" doesnt ever have complete control of our wildlife management ever again!
Well said, Cornelius. There are wolves amongour sheep.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Screamin Steel
Well said, Cornelius. There are wolves amongour sheep.
Isn't that the truth and the wolves are running in packs over at that other site that stole our name. " PA Hunting" I noticed there are some strays that venture onto this site as well. The sheep must have been thinned out over there.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I never swallowed any of Alt's lies.Ipersonally have witnessed hundreds of examples and studies by the PGC,DCNR ,PSU and the US forests service that proves without a doubt that the deer have impacted the habitat in a negative way.Alt has had no influence on my views.
Old 01-14-2009, 06:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

You were supporting Alts position long before you became aware of those studies and made your personal observations.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely not.Seeing those things first hand is what made me change my mind.I was very much opposed to anything Alt had to say from the very beginning.
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you think about it we still have controll of the herd. Stop shooting the Doe's if you want to see more deer. I would say alot of the hunters that are crying about not seeing deer are still shooting Doe's in their hunting camps. Where my deer camp hunts in the NE/Pike.co the deer numbers are way down. We have a Buck only rule that we go by! I hunted the first 3 days of rifle season and seen a total of 4 deer. 3 Doe and one monster 10 pt swamp buck that I did not get but should have! OH WELL!! 4 deer seen in 3 days!! not much BUT!! I did have a chance and thats all you can ask for. Hunt hard do your homework and you will get a chance some of the time BUT not all of the time! Thats Hunting and thats what makes it great! JUST HUNT BABY!!! OH I support AR's

Hatchet Jack
Old 01-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Banned

Doug has been in lockstep with Audubon and Alt in his beliefs all along, at least while it was convenient. Ive been around all the boards he posts on for years. I think it funny how you now denounce those 2 since not doing so hurts your credibility. When we "picked on" Audubon before, Doug ALWAYS stood up for them and said that they know more than we hunters now about the habitat and what is needed. NOW all of a sudden they are "extremists" because its been proven what they REALLY think of hunters and how obtuse their views are.

You STILL agree with audubon that we need far less deer than even the gameless commission does. So how you claim they are "extremists" and that you arent, really doesnt make much sense. Holdingthe position you do on the issues is more than a little hypocritical.

Quick Reply: From our Friends at Audubon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.