Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How sad hunting is becoming... >

How sad hunting is becoming...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How sad hunting is becoming...

Old 01-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How sad hunting is becoming...

Am I happy with the direction things are going ,of course not ,but thats no reason to make up conspiracy theories about government agency's trying to ruin your lives. There are still enough deer out there that any one that wants to kill one and puts the time and effort required, will kill one.

There are roughly 924K hunters and less than 1M PS deer, so there aren't enough deer for everyone to kill one ,especially since some hunters shoot 5 or 6 /yr. The sustainable harvest is less than 350K deer/yr. That means over 450K hunters won't harvest a deer no matter how much they scout, how far they travel or how hard they hunt!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Am I happy with the direction things are going ,of course not ,but thats no reason to make up conspiracy theories about government agency's trying to ruin your lives. There are still enough deer out there that any one that wants to kill one and puts the time and effort required, will kill one.

There are roughly 924K hunters and less than 1M PS deer, so there aren't enough deer for everyone to kill one ,especially since some hunters shoot 5 or 6 /yr. The sustainable harvest is less than 350K deer/yr. That means over 450K hunters won't harvest a deer no matter how much they scout, how far they travel or how hard they hunt!!!
And I don't feel that hunting at Smokies Beer & burger constitutes deer hunting.
Every year I read about some numb nuts that bags his first buck after hunting for twenty five years,First off the purchase of a hunting license does not make one a deer hunter,nor does it decrease ones ineptness.
And if you can't get it done in five years then just maybe your more suited to be a golfer.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Approx. 1 out of nine hunters harvested a buck this year, so the average hunter would harvest a buck once every 9 years. Now if you subtract the archery buck kill, the success rate for rifle hunters would even be lower.
Old 01-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Once again you are shuffling the numbers, not every one that buys a license is a deer hunter,or hunts deer at all.
I know several older guys who only shoot woodchucks during the summer and squirrels in the early fall,they can't take the cold or drag deer out of the woods.
And others like myself that shoot bucks with alarming frequency.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

Once again you are shuffling the numbers, not every one that buys a license is a deer hunter,or hunts deer at all.
I know several older guys who only shoot woodchucks during the summer and squirrels in the early fall,they can't take the cold or drag deer out of the woods.
Jimbo, talking about regularly harvesting big bucks with Blueboy is kinda like a surgeon discussing delicate brain surgery with the hospital janitor. He understands that it can be done but he'll never understand how.
Old 01-15-2009, 06:23 AM

so your saying over half the hunting license that are sold the purchasers dont hunt deer? half a million is 500k that dont hunt deer and under 350k in deer are harvested by the other 500k hunters who do hunt deer?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: petropedro

so your saying over half the hunting license that are sold the purchasers dont hunt deer? half a million is 500k that dont hunt deer and under 350k in deer are harvested by the other 500k hunters who do hunt deer?
I don't see where I said anything like what you heard.[8D]
Old 01-15-2009, 06:42 AM

ORIGINAL: petropedro

I don't see where I said anything like what you heard.[8D]
your sure making it sound like it being significant amount of non deer hunters who buy tags to affect the deer numbers being harvested.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't know how the number could ever be determined with out a separate buck tag,and you know that ain't happening. I would guess its between 10-20% if I had to venture a guess.[>:]
Old 01-15-2009, 07:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Over 550K hunters bought antlerless tags in the first round and quite a few hunters only hunt buck. To use the exception to the rule to support your position shows a new level of desperation.

Quick Reply: How sad hunting is becoming...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.