Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Any SW PA Coyote Hunters? >

Any SW PA Coyote Hunters?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Any SW PA Coyote Hunters?

Old 01-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any SW PA Coyote Hunters?

ORIGINAL: Pahunter01

Anyone started coyote hunting as of yet. I know it is throughout the year, however I started last year after late season deer was over. Any PA yote pics would be great.
usp has coyote contest too this year.

i think its 20 dollars to enter and you dont have to take your coyote to them, i dont know how it works but you can goggle the USP COYOTE HUNT to get application etc.
Old 01-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry Sproul, I enter a few coyote contests each year but the USP's will NOT be one of them.

Maybe I'll check it out and send the PGC a donation equal to their entry fee

Buckmagnet,

Nice lookin dog there! Congrats
Old 01-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haha sproul hopefully your bedtime stories will pay off. This last week b4 i head back to college ( Indiana University of PA) i am going after them hard. I have about 7 footholds 1.75 sleepycreeks and some bridger #2s out and a few snares trying to bag one. Il also test my luck at calling a few evenings.

For those of you that trap the illusive brush wolves what sets work the best with what lures? The only sets i really know for them is dirtholes with some redfox urine and a food or call lure in the hole. I got this lure called Gusto from my local fur shed and man its the worst smelling thing ever and guys rave about it just havent seen any reviews from PA guys. I have used it with no luck, its a very strong scent so perhaps im using too much? IDK but i have one yote under my belt i got while groundhog hunting last summer so the pelt was worthless. I just want to get a big one and get a nice mount so hopefully it will come together soon.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

Haha sproul hopefully your bedtime stories will pay off. This last week b4 i head back to college ( Indiana University of PA) i am going after them hard. I have about 7 footholds 1.75 sleepycreeks and some bridger #2s out and a few snares trying to bag one. Il also test my luck at calling a few evenings.

For those of you that trap the illusive brush wolves what sets work the best with what lures? The only sets i really know for them is dirtholes with some redfox urine and a food or call lure in the hole. I got this lure called Gusto from my local fur shed and man its the worst smelling thing ever and guys rave about it just havent seen any reviews from PA guys. I have used it with no luck, its a very strong scent so perhaps im using too much? IDK but i have one yote under my belt i got while groundhog hunting last summer so the pelt was worthless. I just want to get a big one and get a nice mount so hopefully it will come together soon.
I THINK I HAVE SEEN EVERY TRAP KNOWN IN LAST 3 YEARS.MY DOG HAS BEEN IN ALL OF THEM.

i even got in a cable trap carrying my camcorder.

did i fall down,yep.

they work.
Old 01-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Old 01-05-2009, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm no trapper but my BIL just caught his fifth one this week.He's been catching them in a dirthole set with rotting bobcat meat as a lure.Not a bad year for someone's first year trapping.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not at all a bad year if he caught 5. i just want one lol. I did manage to catch my first red fox the day after christmas which was cool im getting him tanned.

I caught a rabbit in a trap this morning so i used the left overs from him around my sets so hopefully that may trick ol wiley to let his gaurd down for a free meal.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

did you know that DCNR has from what i hear millions of dollars from just 1 GAS WELL ALREADY.i heard it could be 50 million from 1 well but dont know if true cause gas is not out of ground yet.

can you guess at how much money the PGC will make from our gamelands.

if it happens, it could be in billions.oh my
Hey Sproul,

I think you made a boo boo. That certainly is not a quote from me[&:]

I'm sure it was a mistake when you tried to post but that post is nothing I put up!!
Old 01-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

how did i screw up that
Old 01-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well the weather is pretty terrible lately for both trapping and tryin to call in the brush wolves. Checked the traps this morning to find nice mud puddles where my sets are, for being my first yr trapping it is just so frustrating having my sets washed out, frozen, and little success. But from what ive heard noone is really having an all star year, other then the obvious people like Phil Brown who at my last inquiry was at around 680 reds so far. I just wish he would come out with me for a day and show me how its done lol.

Quick Reply: Any SW PA Coyote Hunters?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.