HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Any SW PA Coyote Hunters?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:33 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Any SW PA Coyote Hunters?

ORIGINAL: DoubleLung55

Haha sproul hopefully your bedtime stories will pay off. This last week b4 i head back to college ( Indiana University of PA) i am going after them hard. I have about 7 footholds 1.75 sleepycreeks and some bridger #2s out and a few snares trying to bag one. Il also test my luck at calling a few evenings.

For those of you that trap the illusive brush wolves what sets work the best with what lures? The only sets i really know for them is dirtholes with some redfox urine and a food or call lure in the hole. I got this lure called Gusto from my local fur shed and man its the worst smelling thing ever and guys rave about it just havent seen any reviews from PA guys. I have used it with no luck, its a very strong scent so perhaps im using too much? IDK but i have one yote under my belt i got while groundhog hunting last summer so the pelt was worthless. I just want to get a big one and get a nice mount so hopefully it will come together soon.
I THINK I HAVE SEEN EVERY TRAP KNOWN IN LAST 3 YEARS.MY DOG HAS BEEN IN ALL OF THEM.

i even got in a cable trap carrying my camcorder.

did i fall down,yep.

they work.