Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 UPDATED, GOOD NEWS, For all New York Pheasant Hunters >

UPDATED, GOOD NEWS, For all New York Pheasant Hunters

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

UPDATED, GOOD NEWS, For all New York Pheasant Hunters

Old 01-10-2009, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: For all New York Pheasant Hunters

I hope that Pheasant farm does not close, kinda same with the fish hatcheries. We let this stuff go we will be ireversably killing our outdoor pursuits for years to come. And I must be crazy but I can not see how that will help this state financilly! I fear what my kids and future generations will have. If we do not fight we should be ashamed of ourselves.

On a last note. If the pheasant farm is gonna close what are the chances of getting it financed by hunters. Not sure how but donations, fundraisers, volunteers. Who knows, but I do know when the **** hits the fan we hunters have stood up before and bucked up. It is just seeming to get coordinated that holds us back.

Hell I do not even pheasant hunt!!
Old 01-17-2009, 05:18 AM

Default RE: For all New York Pheasant Hunters

Good news it looks like the pheasent farm has survived this roundand thanks to all that took the time to voice their opinion to state officials.

[/align]

[/align]http://www.newzjunky.com/news/0116aubertine_farm.htm

I hope that this will not come up again for some time but unfortunately I think it will. Although next time I think 'they' will rethink the road to the decision making process.

There could be a Pheasant stamp in our future and hope that everybody who hunts small game will consider purchasing one. It ultimately does more then just pay for the Pheasants it makes a statement.

[/align]

[/align]And a note for future government blunders...

For all the naysayers out there that did not think that this was worth their time I hope you will look back on the outcome. And next time something like this happens you will not throw in the towel. Ultimatly this about more then the pheasant farm! There is always hope but actions need to keep close company with that hope. It is only a done deal when we let it be a done deal!!!

Again thanks to all that contacted me and took the time to contact state officials.

Now off to order shells for next years pheasants here in NY!!!

Good Hunting

[/align]