Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Flintlock / Late archery >

PA Flintlock / Late archery

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Flintlock / Late archery

Old 12-24-2008, 04:31 AM
Spike

Default RE: PA Flintlock / Late archery

I will be out in 2B giving it a try. I have passed on does and small bucks thus far. My plan is to take a doe (as my wife is wanting the freezer stocked) then back to atempting a larger buck.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be heading out in 5B for a doe and also have a few friends that need meat so I'll try till fill a couple of my 5C tags. Always a good time!!
Old 12-24-2008, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: sproulman

ORIGINAL: CCPaHunter

Ahunting friend of mine got permission from a friend of his to let me hunt his property. There is a hollow at the back of his yard that holds a pile of deer during the day. He shot a nice buck out of it in gun season but apparently it wasn't the big one that he had been seeing back there. On the other side of the hollow is an open field.Along the edge of the field is a short but steepwooded hill side thatconnects the hollow to a still standing cornfield a couple of hundred yards away. The whole area is ringed with houses whichI'm not real comfortable with. We went in there on Saturday to hang a stand and deer came flying out on all sides like a covey of quail.It is their bedding area and I'll have to get in there super early in the a.m. this Saturday before they get in there. With all of the eyes and noses I'll probably get busted waiting for the big guy to show but it ought to be fun. I should be able to seeanything that comes from the corn to me. By the way, this is the fist time I'll be using climbing sticks and screw in steps. How on earth do you use a safety harness while climbing these? I use it when climbing with mySummit climber but with steps?[&:]Good luck in the late season all. Ken
this time of year, its very dangerous in stand.

i would hunt on ground.

be very careful climbing.
sproul, if it's icy I'll be on the ground for sure. Thanks

BTBowhunter, Thanks for the info. I was thinking thatto use a safety harness of one kind or anotheryou would have to take you hand/s offof the steps and that might be a problem.

bluebird, I don't know what to say. Were you abused as a child. Maybe picked on in school? Seriously, you seem to fit mold. Now your all grown upand pick fights using qoutes and facts as your weapons for lack of anything else.You must be a blast to be around, that is if anyone would have you and based on your on line personality I seriously doubt it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

Old 12-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out on Saturday with the Flint or bow looking for a Doe in 5c. I shot a 6pt on the last day of gun season and a doe and 2 ducks on the Delaware river. It was a good day. I wish all my fellow PA Hunters a great Late season in the PA Woods!! Be Safe!!!
Old 12-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hatchet jack

I will be out on Saturday with the Flint or bow looking for a Doe in 5c. I shot a 6pt on the last day of gun season and a doe and 2 ducks on the Delaware river. It was a good day. I wish all my fellow PA Hunters a great Late season in the PA Woods!! Be Safe!!!

Old 12-25-2008, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thats one heck of a day! Congrats!
Old 12-25-2008, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks BT!! Hope all is well!!

Hatchet Jack
Old 12-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats jack.I wish you a safe hunting season also.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

you know, this may be first year i dont even go out to hunt muzzleloader.

i was justoutside and you CANT stand up in my yard.

mountains here in clinton county are worst than my yard.

friday, ice is coming in afternoon and sat heavy rain, you believe this, they even said lightening.

it just does not feel good hunting, snow is noisy and you would not believe how cold that air is coming off that frozen snow of 8 inchs.

when snow is fluffy,I LOVE HUNTING IN THAT,this stuff ios like looking at russia in winter,its awful.

i cant believe how lousy a winter we had here in clinton/potter county.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hit the alarm button at 4:30 and next thing I knew it was 7:30[:'(]
Knew the rain was coming so I slept in and blew off one of my favorite days to hunt[:'(]

Hope the real hunters who got out there had a good day

I'll be out tomorrow, well rested of course!

Sproul, I hope that stuff melts off some for ya. It sounds pretty bad and the deer really dont need that base of hard frozen snow under whatever else falls this winter!

Quick Reply: PA Flintlock / Late archery

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.