Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Passing On Bucks- Food For Thought >

Passing On Bucks- Food For Thought

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Passing On Bucks- Food For Thought

Old 12-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Passing On Bucks- Food For Thought

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Just as you can't stop bragging about your superior standards.
So you don't like seeing deer photos on a hunting site? Here a novel idea. Don't sign on! I never said my standarsd were superior but apparantly seeing photos of other peoples deer makes you feel inferior. Get over it!

Here is my very first post on this thread:

It's a personal choice. Period. Passing any legal buck at any time is a self imposed standard and that decisionbelongs only to the individual hunter.
It's kind of obvious that your admitted lack of hunting skills an lack of success has caused you to become a very frustrated and bitter person.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My success or failure to harvest a buck has nothing to do with my assessment of the deer management plan. I use statewide harvest data, statewide breeding rates and statewide productivity to evaluate the plan. Now that is something that would totaly escape the thought process of a rack hunter like you.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

My success or failure to harvest a buck has nothing to do with my assessment of the deer management plan. I use statewide harvest data, statewide breeding rates and statewide productivity to evaluate the plan. Now that is something that would totaly escape the thought process of a rack hunter like you.
And most of it from Mississippi.
Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. ../Blah
Alt blahhhhhhhhhssssssssssssssssss Regeneration Blahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
AR'S blah hhhhhhhhhhh[:@]
Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

The topic of this thread is about passing legalbucks. You had to hijack yet another thread off topic to further your agenda
Old 12-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Guys, I'm telling you, that little red hand at the bottom of a person's posts will make this Northeast forum Millions of times more enjoyable. I have 3-4 of these guys on block & its great!
Old 12-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Do you like salt and pepper on your horns.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Guys, I'm telling you, that little red hand at the bottom of a person's posts will make this Northeast forum Millions of times more enjoyable. I have 3-4 of these guys on block & its great!
Thanks for pointing that out, never took notice to that feature but am going to take advantage of it right now. Bye Bye BB
Old 12-18-2008, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

*** IGNORED *** - 12/17/2008 9:41:06 PM

bluebird2

This user is on your "block" list and the message has been blocked.
Click here to unblock this user and view this post.

Bye Bye BB!!
Old 12-19-2008, 03:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have to say that I am on the same page as the original post. I pass on alot of smaller bucks up untill the end of the seasons. I will leave the little spikes and forkies alone but a decent 6 or 8 pt walks by and I am trying for it. Still nice to collect a set of horns, I don't care who you are.
Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

is that it's probably better to harvest that doe as early in the year as possible. By doing so, you don't chance taking a doe that has already been bread. Taking a doe late into the archery season or gun season really does increase the odds of you killing three deer at once.
What's the difference? The early doe would have been bread sometime. Whether you kill her early or late she still would have been knocked up.

As far as the thread topic. Who really cares what and when others shoot as long as it's legal. Personally I've set my standards high (same as rybos). 120" 3.5 years or older. I'm obviously not going to put as many bucks on the ground as when I was shooting 1.5 and 2.5 year olds but I'm having just as much if not more fun. I don't budge on my standards either. I passed on about a 100-110 incher the second to last day. That was a little tempting I must admit. But next year he'll be more than tempting. He'll have my arrow through him.

Quick Reply: Passing On Bucks- Food For Thought

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.