Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA BOWSEASON A BUST?? >

PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Old 11-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Old 11-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

most work for PEN-DOT.

one has son in BUTLER,PA .

OTHERS HAVE PEN-DOT FRIENDS THAT INVITE THEM UP THE FIRST YEAR, THEN AFTER THAT THEY COME UP ON THEREB OWN.

how do you think the out of town hunters got into my hunting area over years.

they came up in summer, stayed at camps or campers or hotels, then they go to woods and scout around.

they spotlight, they follow OTHER HUNTERS,they look for your vehicles,they go to a local bar and buy a drink and LISTEN .

dcnr tells them, sportsmans clubs tell them,motels tell them, outdoor stores tell them where to go and even draw maps for them.

they make friends in area and are invited back and AFTER that, they dont need anyone..

its so bad today, we bury our BEAR GUTS.

oh yes, we did get a big bear almost 400 pds..

i saw 2 little ones about 150 pds that i passed on .
For the second time...Butler is in 2D not 2B. A small portion of butler COUNTY is in 2B.

So they know people. That's about the only way you get access in 2B. Or you just go and hunt (tresspass) on land that is "open".

Trying to compare finding hunting spots in clinton co andAllegheny isn't even remotely valid. You are surrounded by tons of acres of public land. I am surrounded by NONE! (save one tiny gamelands in one corner of the county) You either know someone and have access or you don't and take your chances tresspassing. There is no driving around to spot, scout, etc. and then hunting it.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

you are right.

i have hunters i talk to that live near ,i think name is KNOX, PA.

they said same thing, there is deer but on privateland and its hard to get permission to hunt there.

what they do is, let them come to wmu2g and they stay at their homes for BEAR.then they go there for DEER.

i am working on that for phesant season in so, dakota as we speak for next year.

trying to get a guy to come here for bear and stay with me, then i go there for pheasant and stay with him.

A LOT ARE GOING TO OUTSIDE PHILADELPHIA ALSO .

i would assume that is private also, dont know.

i do know they said their licenses is 2B and they are staying in the BUTLER AREA

if you have good buck hunting there, maybe you would want to come here for BEAR and stay at my home,then i come to ALLEGHENY after one of those big bucks like BTBOWHUNTER GETS.