Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Midwest
 Bad way to end Wi bowseason >

Bad way to end Wi bowseason

Community
Midwest OH, IN, IL, WI, MI, MN, IA, MO, KS, ND, SD, NE Remember the Regional Forums are for Hunting Topics only.

Bad way to end Wi bowseason

Old 11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bad way to end Wi bowseason

Well, last weekend was my last chance to harvest a buck during the WI bowseason. The rut was scaterred and late this year because of the very warm temperatures, making for VERY poor evening hunting. On Saturday morning, I sat in the stand where I shot the nice 10 pointer in my sig. Around 7:45 A.M., I heard leaves crunching. I looked off to the side of my, and see a good 8 or 10 pt. buck buck in a gully. I reached over to grab my bow, and when I turn back, the first thing I see is his tail and him bounding off. Unfortunately, the wind switched a little bit, and he caught my wind. On Saturday evening, I tried a new stand out. About 40 minutes into my hunt, the sky got dark fast, and their was lightnig all around me. I hurried out of my stand, and about half way down, it started down-pouring. On Sunday mornng, I couldn't hunt because winds were exceeding 50 mph and I could barely stand straight! Sure hope none of by stands blew out. It was a crappy way to end bow-season.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Bad way to end Wi bowseason

Hey, you still got till Thursday plus late season
Old 11-15-2005, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

i had the same exact thoughts after hunting last weekend.
Old 11-15-2005, 08:48 PM
Fork Horn

the weather has not been 100% cooperative, but it hasn't been that bad. It's snowing right now actually. I hunt near black river falls and last saturday night before the rain was the second best day on stand that iv'e had this year, first best being the following sunday night when the wind died down and the sun came out late afternoon. These severe weather changes make the prediction of deer movement real easy. and whats this about bow season over? you hunt in buffalo county right? i'm originally from madison. you should try hunting in the heart of cwd country before you start to think things are tough. Thursday is the last day of early bow season and the day i plan to fill my buck tag! the weathers lookin' nice at this point.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

I'm taking tomorrow off work to hunt for the last day in early season. Weather sounds like it will be perfect. I hunted in Oconto County last Saturday and about 4:00 it was dead calm. I had 5 different bucks come into my decoy, but no shooter. I think that was the calm before the storm. On the 1 hr drive hometo Kaukauna I drove into the monsoon that was coming up from the south. Couldn't see 100', it got nasty in a hurry, and WINDY. If it doesn't work out tomorrow there is always late season and usually not many other hunters out to bother you. Good Luck everyone during the gun season
Old 11-16-2005, 07:18 PM

I know what you are talking about. I hunted WI last weekend also and had the same weather situation, that sucked. Good luck the rest of the season after your firearm season is finished.