Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA BOWSEASON A BUST?? >

PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

i bet half of my friends are heading to BUTLER,PA to get their doe next week.

its hard for me to believe that they will go that far and spend that kind of money to get doe meat.
Well you better warn your friends that 2D is one of the units closed to doe hunting the first week. That meat will become REAL expensive if they get caught.

I have my favorite hunting spots as well...and from time to time, they go completely dry....because the preferred food source changed in conjunction with the weather. I hunt the edges of swamps that butt up against standing oaks. This year, the acorn drop was horrible yet I chose to waste a few days sitting in my old favorite stands because they usually produce good action during the rut. Once I confirmed that the deer were honed in on a different portion of the swamp that actually had acorn producing trees closeby....I was rewarded with some of the best hunting I've had in years. The action was just incredible....and all it took was moving my stand about 1,200 yards east.
Sometimes I wish it was that easy. Every single property I had access to had no acorn production this year, and I covered every inch of all of them. At that point there's not much more you can do.
they said they hunt ALLEGHENY COUNTY IS ALL I KNOW,i think they said its 2B.

boy, are they MEAT crazy.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:12 AM
Fork Horn

Sproulman, I live in Crawford county. Most of my hunting is done on private land that is open to the public but I had one farm I hunt that is closed. Most of my deer sightins were from the open property. I only had 10 total doe in to stands the whole year. I had 3 different buck that were missing guard tines or they would have been legal. I guess sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!
Old 11-25-2008, 11:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: longbowman2

Sproulman, I live in Crawford county. Most of my hunting is done on private land that is open to the public but I had one farm I hunt that is closed. Most of my deer sightins were from the open property. I only had 10 total doe in to stands the whole year. I had 3 different buck that were missing guard tines or they would have been legal. I guess sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you!
talking about bear, we had only 42 bears checked in yesterday in westernclinton county.

i think last year it was over 100 on monday.

90 % of bears were under 110 pds,1 was 30 pds , guy brought it in with guts in it so it weighted 40 pds.

biggest was 480,next one 370, then down to 100s size.

weather was great yesterday and real good today..
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Or they enjoy deer hunting - most probably the real reason they are traveling.

Steve
Old 11-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sproul, tell your buddies that all the deer in Allegheny County have been wiped out! They might as well stay home and save their gas!
Old 11-25-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year he claimed they were all coming to Rockton in Clearfield county.Those guys move around as much as the Pa mountain lions.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

They must charter busses to haul all those kids around with those brown and down tags!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

What I need to figure out is how a group of hunters from half way across the state, just stroll into one of the most difficult units to gain access to & then proceed to kill does at will. They could write a book & make millions. Just as we know there are booners behind every tree in Illinois, we know there are dozens of does in every woodlot in Allegheny co.
Old 11-26-2008, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Sproul, tell your buddies that all the deer in Allegheny County have been wiped out! They might as well stay home and save their gas!
not true, they get there DOE MEAT.
also, none of them are interested in BUCK HUNTING,thats last thing they get excited over.

they have always been after MEAT or as you said, I HAVE FEEZER FULL OF DOE MEAT,they think like you.

did you read my cougar info.

not being smarty pants like you and douge,you said laughing.

ha ha, sproul said cougars go over 300 miles and go from state to state, he is real dufuss

well, i hope you read info on cougar that went from wisconsin to chicago and was shot by police officer.

that CONFIRMED cougar was tracked by blood over 1,000 miles in 9 months.

sad isnt it when you make comment like you did and it backfires on you.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

What I need to figure out is how a group of hunters from half way across the state, just stroll into one of the most difficult units to gain access to & then proceed to kill does at will. They could write a book & make millions. Just as we know there are booners behind every tree in Illinois, we know there are dozens of does in every woodlot in Allegheny co.
most work for PEN-DOT.

one has son in BUTLER,PA .

OTHERS HAVE PEN-DOT FRIENDS THAT INVITE THEM UP THE FIRST YEAR, THEN AFTER THAT THEY COME UP ON THEREB OWN.

how do you think the out of town hunters got into my hunting area over years.

they came up in summer, stayed at camps or campers or hotels, then they go to woods and scout around.

they spotlight, they follow OTHER HUNTERS,they look for your vehicles,they go to a local bar and buy a drink and LISTEN .

dcnr tells them, sportsmans clubs tell them,motels tell them, outdoor stores tell them where to go and even draw maps for them.

they make friends in area and are invited back and AFTER that, they dont need anyone..

its so bad today, we bury our BEAR GUTS.

oh yes, we did get a big bear almost 400 pds..

i saw 2 little ones about 150 pds that i passed on .

Quick Reply: PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.