Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA BOWSEASON A BUST?? >

PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Old 11-17-2008, 10:18 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Those are some monster bucks, congrats to all that harvested them.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw a ton of shooter bucks this year and got my career best bow buck this year. I also rattled two in. I even saw my first PA Booner (at night, though). Here's my PA bow buck. Rattled in on Oct 25th in the pouring rain.

Old 11-17-2008, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see a deer while on stand this season. My wife saw 3 buck and 4 doe the entire season. Bow hunting pressure was down by around 50% from 2000. Archery hunting is now hardly worth getting up early. Cutting firewood is almost as much fun.
Old 11-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

I had an awesome archery season.Killed three doe and a a nice 7 point.Two days after I killed the 7point,I had a slammer of an 8 point 24 yards from me.He stood around for 12 minutes and never knew I was there.I put a couple of my buddies on that bench and the buck was never seen again.Friday afternoon however,a buddy of mine came up from Johnstown and killed a 19 3/4 inch 8 point on that same bench.This year was pretty typical for me.I had deer sighting a little more than 50% of the time.I didn't see a ton of deer from my standsbut they're tough to pattern in this part of the state.

Last week I was at one of the largest taxidermy studios in this part of the state.They were 10 bucks ahead of last year as of last monday and already had about 100 bucks in.Many were huge.

douge, YOU always have great year,kill lots of DOE,one super hunter you are.

i guess we need to learn more from you on how to hunt and how you always see lots of deer.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: cardeeer

3 Doe ! Oh my God That is 6 deer in reality. No wonder we dont see 50 to 70 deer a day nomoe. Ban Doe huntin for 3 years then Only allow 1 deer per person per season till the herd comes back.And bet you dont put a plum nickel back in to the deer herd other then the cheap huntin license you bought.If you hunt on someone elses property how much have you given them in thankyou gifts,cash or etc.??? How much did you put back into the food habitate for the deer ??? Take, Take , ME ME ME management will come back to bite all of us in the future

now,. now calm down..
PEOPLE LIKE DOUGE ARE ONES THAT ARE RUINING THE DEER HUNTING AND ALSO RUINING THE MEMBERSHIP IN A LOT OF SPORTSMANS CLUBS.

there is a lot of hate for people like DOUGE.

douge is not ALONE, i know DCNR employees that shot 5 deer a year then went to new york to kill a bunch more.

they are MEAT nuts.

they are reason that kids dont see a deer and others that cant hunt a lot.

we must try to stop these people by making it ONE DEER AND YOUR DONE[:@]

Old 11-17-2008, 10:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BarnesX.308

I saw a ton of shooter bucks this year and got my career best bow buck this year. I also rattled two in. I even saw my first PA Booner (at night, though). Here's my PA bow buck. Rattled in on Oct 25th in the pouring rain.

SCOTT,nice buck.

its nice hunting on privateland and able to pattern a nd get buck like that.

our hunting here in WMU2G on dcnr land is tough if not impossible at times to get a buck in archery.

a deer like that would be poached before gun season.

one we were after was poached in hyner,pa area and horns removed on stateforestland.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

I didn't see a deer while on stand this season. My wife saw 3 buck and 4 doe the entire season. Bow hunting pressure was down by around 50% from 2000. Archery hunting is now hardly worth getting up early. Cutting firewood is almost as much fun.

i hunted HARD this year and did not see a buck until thursday of last week.

i saw 5 doe, no fawns for the entire archery season here in clinton county.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Sproul,Iput my time in the woods.I don't dream up stories about mounatin lions,roadhunters,poachers and young kids killing all the deer.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

SCOTT,nice buck.

its nice hunting on privateland and able to pattern a nd get buck like that.
Thanks. However, I've never patterned a buck up at our camp. We are amidst 100,000 acres of unbroken forest, swamp and overgrown clearcuts. The deer are like needles in a hay stack. You have to really do your scouting and then still have luck on your side. I never saw this buck before. I just decided to try and rattle in an area that does inhabit because the rain was so hard I had nothing to lose. Sucker came right in. The last buck I got before him was the 2004 archery season. Never knew he existed either. I left my stand for the day and actually walked right up on him. It was rainy and foggy and I guess he figured I didn't see him. Oh well.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

I got out to state game lands and saw a few doe. No buck however, saw two or three good areas where one was lurking. One of the areas had awesome rubs but....just never saw him.

That is what bugs me the most. Knowing there is a very good buck in the area and never laying eyes on it. Since it is public land, good chance he gets taken. Never know. Maybe he will be taken by me the first time I see him!

Heard from other folks who we hunt with that they saw lots of bucks but, only one legal shooter. That is not saying much but, at the same time, the monster can come out of the bush at any time.

Quick Reply: PA BOWSEASON A BUST??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.