Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Mountain lions in PA! >

Mountain lions in PA!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Mountain lions in PA!

Old 12-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Mountain lions in PA!

ORIGINAL: sammy_tat

Look at the 2 pictures. Compare them and look at the track inprint without the shell and then look at the one with the shell. See any disturbance in the area between them 2 pictures.
I had originally taken the first pic without the shell and my buddy and I walked away. He told me we need to get a pic with something showing the relation to the size. We walked back up and laid the shell beside the print and took the second pic. It is possible one of usor my dog disturbed the track when leaving the first time. I noticed this as well (on the toe print on far right side by shell) after I uploaded the pic to my laptop. The second photo was for the purpose of showing the size. The first was taken as "proof".
Old 12-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I believe some are seeing what they claim. Is it possible that a escaped captive cat, that has a few skills, is wandering and giving the appearance of more cats? Who knows!

I have heard, not sure if true...that there are occasional bobcats with tails as log as 14 inches. And I have seen pictures of trapped Bobs that were almost a solid orangy colored with nary a pattern in their coat. Perhaps we are seeing some kind of hybrid super bobcat with cougar bloodlines. They say our yotes are part wolf so it could happen...right?
Old 12-15-2008, 02:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Amazing! Don't waste your time debating with him, it's no use.
Absolutely correct. Bluebird is a lost cause. Those of us who debate him don't do it to convince him. That'd be like teaching the proverbial pig to sing. the only good readon for debating him is to point out his little head games so that others don't buy into his load of doo doo.
Old 12-15-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

4evr, you say you came upon the track yourself. I asked that specifically because we get so many stories that are second, third, fourth,.... twenty seventh hand accounts of "the facts". You've never given any of us a reason to think you would lie on here that I've seen so my interest just went up a notch or two. It's a shame theprint got destroyed before you could document it. The problem is that we've still not been able to get confirmation even when credible people see or believe they saw something.
I wish I could have been able to get someone else out there to check it out. I wonder what type of response time I would have gotten had I called the PAGC and asked to have a warden or someone come out and look into a MTN LION track. I'd probably still be waiting, I can never get anyone to answer the phone when I have called the PAGC.

I will be going back there this upcoming weekend and I am going to scout the area around the creek and areas where there might be undisturbed tracks. If I find one and can document it, I will try to cover it with a milk crate or something to preserve it. I know it is unlikely I will find more tracks but I will try. Maybe take the video camera.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Depending on the conditions it may compact it very little. As the soil dries there will be more compaction.
Soil will compact very little if it is very wet or very dry. The soil in the pic wasn't very wet or the tires would have left ruts and it definitely wasn't very dry. Soil does not compact as it dries, but it does become more dense, but it is not due to compaction. Unless the ground froze and thawed before the cat made that track , it is highly unlikely to get such a well defined print from a cat in a tire track.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

The next time you do that will be the first time.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

You have been on here long enough to know Bluebird is an expert at everything
Yeah, Ijust found out he is a soil compaction expert. I usually try not to post much when he is involved in a conversation.
Old 12-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try harder!!!
Old 12-15-2008, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mlo31351270

Yeah, Ijust found out he is a soil compaction expert. I usually try not to post much when he is involved in a conversation.
His real name is CLIFF CLAVEN. He was wrong anyway. Soil does not become more dense as it dries. It becomes more solid, not more dense. There is less mass density when the moisture content is removed. We learned all this in like 8th Grade. What weighs more BB2....a ton of feathers or a ton of lead?
Old 12-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: livbucks

ORIGINAL: mlo31351270

Yeah, I just found out he is a soil compaction expert. I usually try not to post much when he is involved in a conversation.
His real name is CLIFF CLAVEN. He was wrong anyway. Soil does not become more dense as it dries. It becomes more solid, not more dense. There is less mass density when the moisture content is removed. We learned all this in like 8th Grade. What weighs more BB2....a ton of feathers or a ton of lead?
Apparently you flunked eighth grade just as you flunked your test of the PGC code. If the water molecules are removed from the soil by drying it becomes more dense as well as more solid. I learned that in kindergarten.

Quick Reply: Mountain lions in PA!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.