Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Screw in steps in NY >

Screw in steps in NY

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Screw in steps in NY

Old 10-21-2008, 02:43 PM
Spike

Default RE: Screw in steps in NY

ORIGINAL: SteveBNy

ORIGINAL: buckdropper

Get a life dude, screw in steps do no damage to the dam tree. Geez you pissin on the tree will do more damage. Some people man I guess that you ran right up to the owner and ratted him out RIGHT!!!! get a life. go away.
They do damage trees - especially veneer quality.[:'(]
Should never be used without permission unless YOU OWN the tree.
Your attitude is one of the things that make getting permission to hunt harder for all.

Steve
Buy some land then and you will own the trees, quit worring about other people and get on with life. I understand your issues but if all the hunters go and squeal on other hunters then we are all just a sad bunch. I do agree that they should ask first. I have many many acres i bought and i have no problem with screw in steps now nails i do have issues with.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Get a life dude, screw in steps do no damage to the dam tree. Geez you pissin on the tree will do more damage. Some people man I guess that you ran right up to the owner and ratted him out RIGHT!!!! get a life. go away.
buck, i have a tree in my yard,i only put little screws into tree to hold my feeders.

you should have seen the fluids come out of tree.

i took the screws out and plugged holes with wood putty.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buy some land then and you will own the trees, quit worring about other people and get on with life.
I own land and caretake others property as well.
I have a great life - thanks for caring.
And will speak up if I see any fool, hunter or not, damaging trees they do not own.

Steve
Old 10-21-2008, 05:56 PM
Spike

Buy some land then and you will own the trees, quit worring about other people and get on with life.
I own land and caretake others property as well.
I have a great life - thanks for caring.
And will speak up if I see any fool, hunter or not, damaging trees they do not own.

Steve

You are so misinformed about trees. Each year we tap the maple trees and remove as much of the maple sugar sap that they can pump out. It does not hurt the trees. Trees substain damage from animals more than people and the seem to survive and fourish. I would suggest you put little bandaids on all the wounded trees you see and make them all better. Remember the big storm here in buffalo all them trees seem to be doing okay even thou many of them have more than 1/2 thier branches snapped off. They healed and are now doing very well. WAAAaaaa thare's a screw in my tree.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Learn about the damage they do to quality lumber and veneer trees and then get back to us.

We are talking about an action that will lower the value of a tree at the mill.
Most sugar maple trees are never harvested for lumber or veneer - and tap spikes are not the 4 to 6 inches that treesteps are.
They do not damage the tree in the sense of killing it or stunting growth - they can flourish and grow
But the areas these are screwed into become near worthless to the buyers causing a substantial loss to the owner.
Broken branches and scrapped bark do not damage the lumber or veneer qualities either.
If damaging personal property to the point of causing loss of income to the owner does not bother you, I don't know what to say.
It would bother me greatly.

Steve
Old 10-21-2008, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Learn about the damage they do to quality lumber and veneer trees and then get back to us.

We are talking about an action that will lower the value of a tree at the mill.
Most sugar maple trees are never harvested for lumber or veneer - and tap spikes are not the 4 to 6 inches that treesteps are.
They do not damage the tree in the sense of killing it or stunting growth - they can flourish and grow
But the areas these are screwed into become near worthless to the buyers causing a substantial loss to the owner.
Broken branches and scrapped bark do not damage the lumber or veneer qualities either.
If damaging personal property to the point of causing loss of income to the owner does not bother you, I don't know what to say.
It would bother me greatly.

Steve
Well said!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Spike

You guys kill me. There is a beetle that is killing forests by the hundreds acres all over the USA. These beetles kill trees but people continue to cut and transport wood from one state to another or one camp to another bringing the dam killers with them because they are to cheap or lazy to cut firewood where they are at. Look it up, google it, check it out a simple screw step in a tree is childs play next to these guys. Entire forests are dissapearing from these critters.... screw step arggggggggggggg
Old 10-21-2008, 09:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

You guys kill me. There is a beetle that is killing forests by the hundreds acres all over the USA. These beetles kill trees but people continue to cut and transport wood from one state to another or one camp to another bringing the dam killers with them because they are to cheap or lazy to cut firewood where they are at. Look it up, google it, check it out a simple screw step in a tree is childs play next to these guys. Entire forests are dissapearing from these critters.... screw step arggggggggggggg
i brought up your point at PGC/dcnr meeting at lock haven,pa

i said,YOU FOLKS WANT ALMOST ALL DEER DEAD HERE IN PA BECAUSE YOU SAY THEY EAT LITTLE TREES.

well, the gypsy moth is killing all oak trees and you do nothing but kill deer off.

i got no answer from that one.[:@]
Old 10-22-2008, 05:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I understand stand now.

Because there are beetles, it is ok to use tree steps and damage trees so the owner gets little for them from the mill.
Took a while to see your logic - thanks for clearing it up.

Steve
Old 10-22-2008, 05:35 AM
Spike

Geez buckdropper, you sound like the guy I ratted out to the land owner. TS......

I see screw-ins grown into trees because people are too lazy to take them out every year. Most likely they are too lazy to carry in a some type of ladder or climber, too.

Once they get old and rusty, the screw part brakes off in the tree when you try to remove them.

I lost one good hunting spot because people were too lazy or stupid to obey the land owner. I'm going to do my best not to let it happen again. If some DH wants to use nails or screw-ins, the land owner will be told.

Quick Reply: Screw in steps in NY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.