Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Opening day of Bow in DE......... >

Opening day of Bow in DE.........

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Opening day of Bow in DE.........

Old 09-07-2008, 04:03 PM

Default RE: Opening day of Bow in DE.........

i go to school dow in woodside and as soon i get off i get 2 my house ASAP and grab my bow and head 2 ceader swamp ASAP usually in the woods by 5:00ish
Old 09-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Fork Horn

rick where is the spot at and was there alot of sign??
Old 09-09-2008, 01:50 AM
Boone & Crockett

Lemond, which spot? Lums or the weigh station ? Lums there was plenty. If you want to kill a deer he said go right behind the maintence shed. I think thats Rt71, not sure. Behind the weigh station I didn't see much but am told the first one you come to is the one to hunt. I scouted the 2nd one.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the tip,..my son went to camp one year in lums..deer are everywhere..i have a pic of a monster shot there a
few years ago. where are the weigh stations??
Old 09-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Don't know. I think you have to get some kind of permit to hunt in Lums also,don't quite remember, I will check.I remember that monster buck you speak of. If I get my bow back in time I plan to hunt the first location (A) behind the weight station Thur evening and probally Fri evening as well. Don't know about Sat yet.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Rick - As of last year, you did need to register to hunt there. Also, their season may have opened later. Possible in Oct. I don't recall that it was open to hunting this time of year. Could be section specific though. I have not hunted there yet but, plan to this year. Also, I see that have archery only areas. Sounds like fun!

Buddy of mine mentioned to me today that he saw lots of parked trucks this evening below Augustine and along route 9. I'm sure someone is laying into the buck.... I can't wait.

My main bow is being worked on....good thing I have two others at the moment.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 PM

Well i found this thread a little late. I shot a small doe on opening day adn shot right over the back of a nice 8 point on tues evening. He was about 50 yards out and i shot for about 55 yards and he ducked the shot. Ohh well. Theres always tommorow.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Retaks, That sucks about the missed shot but there's still plenty of time to make up for it. I was out the other day and had 5 doe 30 yrds in front of me. As I drew back I heard a snort,a big doe was behind me that I never saw come in and spoiled everything. Oh well. That's just another part of the whole hunting experience.

Good luck to all this season.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

ground blinddd
Old 09-11-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

lemond the truck weighing station is on Rt 13 S of Blackbird, ( that was my last project before I retired) turn off Rt 13 onto Eagles Nest Landing Road and cross over Gumbush and the first spot is right there on the left up about a 1/4 mile , the next spot is attached but parking is on up about a 1/2 mile on the left. 1st farm has soybeans the 2nd has corn.....I;d go for the dornfield........

Quick Reply: Opening day of Bow in DE.........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.