Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WV Reports?

Old 09-19-2008, 02:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV Reports?

Saw a few nice bucks in Wayne county. The place was also loaded with doe
Old 09-20-2008, 06:34 AM

We have one little 7 point on camera out in Leon, 13 mile creek. Last week we caught seveal does on it. Today we are going out to check 3 cameras and put a fourth one out. We also hunt a few days up in Braxton county off the Flatwoods exit, just up from the Pepsi plant. I hunt the back side which is about the 71 mile marker of 79.

If you all are out 13 miles creek, Deer Lick, and see some trucks parked at the little cabin on the christmas tree farm, stop by. That's me, my brother,dad and uncle.

I travel all over the east coast for work and deer population in WV alone is amazing. I see deer out in the fields along 77 and 79 all day now compared to past years only seeing them in the evenings.
Old 09-21-2008, 02:41 PM
Fork Horn

Nice trail pics guys. good luck getting those trophies!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

joshc, i grew up in grimms landing between arbuckle road and buck hollow. i dont live there anymoreme and my wifemoved to maryland last dec. me and my dad used to hunt out 13 on one of his buddies farm. dont really remember where the christmas tree farm is but when i come back in a couple weeks i may pm u to see if u will be down there and meet up with u just to say hi. i will be doing all my hunting out leon baden on my uncles farm.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Yeah give me a shout. We are out there about every weekend. We've been building bunk beds in the cabin, finally got those finished up. Check the cameras too, mine didn't freakin work [:@] I kind of thought it wouldn't, we had a time getting it setup. So i bought an i40 before i went out just in case We had 4 really small bucks on my brothers cam. We let the little ones walk, so hopefully the morons around us do the same.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm seeing lots of deer in Putnam County as well. I saw 3 bucks this evening. 2 were basket 6's and the other was a nice 8.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:11 PM
Spike

Report from Greenbrier... Last year we saw a good fawn population. Seemed that was all we saw. We had a good buck kill but still were not getting the antlers yet. A lot of wirey horns. With the mast this year, apples, and everything just loaded up we should be in good shape for horns and such next year. I don't believe you will be able to pattern them as easily this year, they will be feeding everywhere. Have noticed 2 good 8's the last couple weeks, so we will see if they disappear as they often do about this time. Our problem is the coyotes! Man, ole man they have the deer about as jumpy as a crack addict looking for the next hit...

From Pocahontas, and heard last year was not good at all for anybody. Here is a good topic for someone and I may post it... The hunting on National Forest land deminisioning because of the lack of timber management. Places on the Mon (pretty much all of Pocahontas County) are nothing but a park. Nothing but large over mature timber with open understory.