Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 CC PERMIT WHILE BOWHUNTING? >

CC PERMIT WHILE BOWHUNTING?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

CC PERMIT WHILE BOWHUNTING?

Old 08-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

Default CC PERMIT WHILE BOWHUNTING?

I think I read somewere PA. will allow CCP while bow hunting?
any one else come across this subject.
I wonder in N.Y.S. how is it writing to bow hunt and CCP
Old 08-21-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: CC PERMIT WHILE BOWHUNTING?

In the NYS hunting regulations one is not allowed to carry a firearm while bowhunting. I doubt a CC permit would be an exception, but I am not positive about this.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

For years the game law in PA indicated that nofirearm could be carried while bowhunting but a year or two ago the law was clarified and it is (maybe always was technically) legal to carry a concealed firearm with a CCW while bowhunting in PA but the law also says that a "sporting arm" is prohibited

As for NY, I havent got a clue
Old 08-21-2008, 01:36 PM
Spike

FYI
In NY, You are not allowed to carry any firearm while bow hunting. In fact, during the late Archery/muzzleloader season, you can't even have anyone using a ML hunt with you or assist in dragging a deer out with a gun in possession.
Old 08-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

In NY you can carry a CCW while bowhunting if you are a peace/police officer.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:01 AM
Spike

It is not legal for anyone to carry a firearm while bow hunting period. The law is very specific. I just spoke to Region 8 headquarters. Even an ECO can not carry their firearm (legally) while bow hunting. I would suggest that you call your local ECO if you have any questions.

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/8310.html
Old 08-22-2008, 01:20 PM
Fork Horn

Fact: In WV you can carry your concealed weapon(if you have the ccw permit of course) while bowhunting or any type of hunting or fishing for that matter. You can also carry CCW in State Parks.
The post above by 375LVR simply refers to carrying your hunting pistol with hunting pistol permit/stamp, which of course is not allowed, it does NOT refer to CCW.
Old 08-22-2008, 03:42 PM
Typical Buck

I am retired from the job and this is what I do when bow hunting in n.y.s.
I totalbreak-down my auto leave the bullets in the truck ;I just hate to leave my hand gun in the truck while hunting.I was stopped last year while hunting in DEP land ,The ECO did stop and started talking with me and did notice the FOP sticker in the window and he did ask if i was on the job I did explain i am retired and
he did ask if i had a off duty with me .
I did explain how or what i do with my auto and I feel uneasy leaving my hand gun in the truck:He did say it was a god idea and he had no problems with it,nice guy I never had any run in with ECO in n.y.s.
I did at one time have a problem with one in PA. in Wayne county when I had my place in pleasant mount.I was not the only guy who had runs in with him lot of people in that area had problems with him
Mr Dooley
Old 08-23-2008, 07:21 PM
Spike

sixgunluvr NYS law is very specific. It is not legal to carry ANY firearm while bowhunting that includes CCW! Lonewolf5348 followed the required procedures. I am sure that a professional courtousy is extended to fellow law enforcement, but I would not carry while bow hunting.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

yep, PA just changed the law, believe it was this year, that we can carry while hunting, bowhunting, spotting etc....

gotta have a CC permit and the gun should be one that is a "normal" carry gun....a 500SW with 8" barrel and 6x scope aint gunna fly....a TC encore in 270 aint gunna cut it...

a sportsmans permit to hunt with a pistol doesnt cut it either...

Quick Reply: CC PERMIT WHILE BOWHUNTING?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.