Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA antler restriction >

PA antler restriction

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA antler restriction

Old 08-27-2008, 08:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA antler restriction

ORIGINAL: bluebird2

Obviously, I am simply pointing out that the 1.5 bucks saved by AR don't get a lot smarter as BT claimed and therefore only 20% of the bucks saved by AR , survive to become 3.5 buck.

Do you have a problem with that?
Please tell us where you got your 20% number.
Assuming for a moment that the 20% is anywhere close,
20% is way better odds than they used to have. Thanks for making my point.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

In addition to making Bob's point, you are comparing two different subjects.
Sounds all official to the casual reader, but it is pointless in reality.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Why oh why do I do this?

It's the proverbial train wreck....I just can't help but click on this thread, and then I feel ashamed for doing so moments after I read it[&:]
Old 08-27-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Please tell us where you got your 20% number.
Assuming for a moment that the 20% is anywhere close,
20% is way better odds than they used to have. Thanks for making my point.
I already told you it came from the Antlered Buck Study. Prior to ARs the survival rate for all buck was 80%. Alt used the 85% figure from just a few WMU's in order to sell ARs.
Old 08-27-2008, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

No, that is not true. The bucks saved by ARs need to survive non-hunting mortality before they can survive hunting season. So the two subjects are directly related.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, that is not true. The bucks saved by ARs need to survive non-hunting mortality before they can survive hunting season. So the two subjects are directly related.
According to the antlered deer mortality study, post season buck mortality is less than 3% so whats your point?

http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/lib/pgc/reports/2005_wildlife/21009-04.pdf
Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

The point is that even though they suffer low non-hunting mortality ,only 20% survive to become 3.5 's ,so very buck ever reach 4.5 year that it takes the average spike to catch up with the avg. 1.5 6 or 8 pt. and that's why ARs result in high grading.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

The point is that even though they suffer low non-hunting mortality ,only 20% survive to become 3.5 's ,so very buck ever reach 4.5 year that it takes the average spike to catch up with the avg. 1.5 6 or 8 pt. and that's why ARs result in high grading.
LOL!That statement is one big DILLIGAF. Before AR's even fewer got to that age. How you can translate that into a deterioration of antler size over time is just ridiculous.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can wait, no problem here.
I'd rather have a chance to shootone4.5 year old deer every decade, thanten 1.5 year oldsper decade.

Old 08-27-2008, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Before AR's even fewer got to that age. How you can translate that into a deterioration of antler size over time is just ridiculous.
What is even more ridiculous is that you and Livbucks can't comprehend such a simple principle as high grading. But ,when you consider a QDM guy like Kroll couldn't understand it either ,I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

What happens if you cut all the oak,cherry maple and ash from a stand and leave the beech,gum, striped maple ,red maple and hop hornbeam. What happens is you have high graded the stand and the remaining stand will have little or no value.

Quick Reply: PA antler restriction

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.