Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who hunts Deaware >

Who hunts Deaware

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who hunts Deaware

Old 06-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Who hunts Deaware

I have a girl friend who owns a 1000 ac + farm in Newark Delaware.
anyone hunt close by who can tell me about the area. She is only
maybe 3 miles from the University of Delaware off of Route 72 .
Old 06-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who hunts Deaware

Some big dear in pockets up there that can't be accessed. 1000 acres? Wow. If no one has been sneaking on there it should harbour some nice numbers. Need some help overlooking the place?

Old 06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Fork Horn

Nope they keep tight reins on the place been in the family for many years . used to be bigger but some was sold to developers for houses on either end of the road . they used to own the whole road both sides.
one side is woods and the other is woods and fields. My girl says she sees Turkeys that walk up the driveway
and deer too.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Enjoy it, should be a great place.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

need a friend? LOL
Old 06-14-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I dont know of any thousand acre farms anywhere around Newark, her name must be duPont... What road is it on adjoining rt 72. Everything up there is in houses now, when I was a young State Trooper on the road there were a lot of farms up there, used to catch drag racers in that area, that was 40 years ago.......
Old 06-15-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

She sounds like marrying material to me.
Old 06-15-2008, 05:02 PM
Fork Horn

RonM I am trying not disclose the location. But here is a clue ,yes there are houses at both ends of the road they sold the land for developers. If you knew How far the land goes there is an easy thousand ac / with both sides of the Road. At the one end of the Road there used to be a family owned store, before the Houses. Also Remember the Power Lines. I know you know where it is they speed on this road all the time, some end up in the ditches.

White tail -- we are not there yet -- I can drink the milk and not have to milk the cow. We are not in any hurry . They keep Horse there and I am buying one maybe at the end of this week. So it will be just like home.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only store I remember was Whitemans Garage.. on the corner , Hallock duPont had a farm nearby where he raised Peacocks , stopped in there a few times..one of the guys I used to work with married a caretakers daughter that lived on one of the duPont farms in the area.... Should be lot of deer in that area......
Old 06-15-2008, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

Sniadowski -- he was a mounted police and motor cop in Wilmington - also Attorney general for Delaware

Quick Reply: Who hunts Deaware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.