Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Who hunts Deaware >

Who hunts Deaware

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Who hunts Deaware

Old 06-16-2008, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who hunts Deaware

Are you talking the rt. 40 side of newark?? Or the paper mill road side??

I know the area really really well, wentto UD, live near there mywhole life, I have a friend that killed a monster buck a few yearsago near 72.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ed, Rt 72 is Paper Mill Rd., and Sniadowski was a Wilm PD wheel man , never was Attorney General , I think he worked out of the AG's office for a short time,,,, If I remeber he retired as an Inspector.....
Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM

I did't know Delaware had 1000 acres in it.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: delahunter834

I did't know Delaware had 1000 acres in it.
You joined just to say that
Old 06-16-2008, 09:24 PM

Actually, Paper Mill Rd. doesnt become Rt. 72 until it passes Possum Park Rd. And I would love to see the piece of property along that road that is 1000 acres. I really doubt that there is enough land available along either side of that road to touch a couple hundred acres.
Old 06-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

Yes he was an Inspector , It was his farm until he passed , He was a mounted officer also I have seen his Saddle, it's still there. I wish I could tell you where it is , I am telling you with both sides of the Road it is a 1000
acres . If I told I would more in likely have to chase people off of it , That alot of hassle . The one part goes back to the river- stream.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I dought that blaserman, there's not that many hunters from De here. And if it did come to that you could always employ my presence (free of charge of course)on the property to thwart that
Old 06-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Blaserman - I think I know where your talking about, and it will bea good good area. My dad used to hunt that area back when it was all farm land, he always talks about the good sized deer that were there.

RonM - 72 goes on the south & north side of newark, i wanted to make sure I knew which part it was, cause my friend used to hunt the sunset lake side of newark near 72.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:20 AM

Blaserman
I live on 896 just over the line in Pa. Have for over twenty years. I worked in Newark for almostsixyears.I travel that area extensively. One thousand acres is almost the size of the entire huntable part of White Clay Creek State Parkon the Pa. side. I'm not looking for an argument but I really don't believeanyone privately owns a thousand acres let alone a farm that size in Newark.We had a600 acre farm in the family up in PaHardwoods area and it was big.Having said that, this area is awesome and known for huge bucks. I've seen them going to and from work in that area andI've seen them while hunting the Pa. side of the same general area. Good luck and good huntingand I'm not opposed to getting an out of state hunting license.Ken
Old 06-17-2008, 03:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Ed, you're correct about both sides of Newark, Rt 72 starts in Delaware City and runs up to Rt7 Limestone Rd. but the area he is discussing is Paper Mill Rd. we called a portion of it Peaches Hill Rd. I also dont know of a thousand acre farm along there....I really cant say I know of a 100 Acre farm. Most of those farms wer sold for housing, Dempseys, Patterson's Ralph Smith all along Corner Ketch and North Star area, but there should be some deer up there....

Quick Reply: Who hunts Deaware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.