Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

guys from MA

Old 05-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default guys from MA

who all is from MA here??

im heading upto Cape Cod to work for the summer...if anyone is close, maybe we can hook up...show me around...maybe do some fishing, or if theres any varmint hunting or anything i can tag along and watch and shoot the breeze or something...

let me know if anyone is in the area...looking to make the best of the summer and would love to get out into the outdoors out of state....i know its a little drive inland, but id be willing to do it and meet up sometime if its not overly far...

just figured id throw this out and see if anyones in the area...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: guys from MA

I am in Western MA... right by NYS...
I get out to the Cape area once in a while to fish for stripers/blues.
Don't know what the plans are yet for this summer.
Great fishing...
Old 05-07-2008, 08:48 AM
jf5

The cape has plenty of opportunity for fishing between the saltwater (groundfish, stripers, blues) and fantastic freshwater fishing.(Cold and warmwater species). Not much hunting ops in the summer. Deer, small game and birds are falltime activities mostly.

Enjoy..
Old 05-07-2008, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

western MA...shoot me a PM if you make it..i'll be living on the cape...maybe i could meet up with you..

jf5..didnt know if there was groundhogs or other varmints or anything..not looking to hunt myself...just shoot the breeze or whatever....im just interested in getting out..

what kind of freshwater fishing can i find on or near the cape?? id definently like to come somewhat prepared for that....figuring i can rent gear to fish the ocean once in a while? no sense in me buying surf gear just to use a couple times over the summer...never wet a line in salt water....

id love to find a good troutstream or 10 within an hour or so...that would be awesome dont know if thats at all possible though...even real good trout streams within 2hrs or so would probably be worth buying a license for....highly doubt theres streams on the cape ...ive been wrong before though! (really dont know...)

Old 05-08-2008, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great trout fishing out here in the Berkshires.
It may not be a bad idea to pick up a salt water set up when you get out there. The Surf Casting fishing out there is top notch. There are tons of great tackle/bait shops out there. Everyone seems to be helpful and will normally go out of their way to get you set up and show you the ropes.
They get some big fish off shore there!
I'm not sure on the trout fishing out there...
Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: mauser06

western MA...shoot me a PM if you make it..i'll be living on the cape...maybe i could meet up with you..

jf5..didnt know if there was groundhogs or other varmints or anything..not looking to hunt myself...just shoot the breeze or whatever....im just interested in getting out..

what kind of freshwater fishing can i find on or near the cape?? id definently like to come somewhat prepared for that....figuring i can rent gear to fish the ocean once in a while? no sense in me buying surf gear just to use a couple times over the summer...never wet a line in salt water....

id love to find a good troutstream or 10 within an hour or so...that would be awesome dont know if thats at all possible though...even real good trout streams within 2hrs or so would probably be worth buying a license for....highly doubt theres streams on the cape ...ive been wrong before though! (really dont know...)

There are some streams on the cape that have trout. But there are much better options in the central and western part of MA. Most of teh streams on the cape are small native brookie streams with some rare fall searun trout.

The cape has a ton of Kettle ponds that have stocked trout and wild bass. The warmwater ponds have some fantastic bass fishing along with pickeral, etc.

www.masswildlife.org has a listing of pond maps with details on fishing.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Great brook fishing up here for Browns, Rainbows, & Brookies.
My little girl caught this nice brown a couple of weeks ago inLee. She got one smaller and lost a couple of more...

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/eru0817/042708_1602a.jpg