Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 How Did EverOne Do??? >

How Did EverOne Do???

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

How Did EverOne Do???

Old 03-02-2003, 07:24 PM
AK

Default RE: How Did EverOne Do???

Congrats guys! I was pretty fortunate this year. Tagged out with a nice PA whitetail and two does using handmade wooden bows and arrows. The buck really got my heart pumping. I was setting up in a cornfield bare spot when the buck waltzed from a woodlot straight towards me. I crouched to the ground on my knees and kept my bow horizontal to keep hidden. My heart was jumping out of my chest, but I waited for the buck to offer a good quartering forward shot at 9 yards before taking the shot with my sideways-held bow. It crashed off and left the best blood trail I' ve had the pleasure to follow.

http://community.webshots.com/album/62480817RzOwnm
Old 03-03-2003, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

Impressive AK! You have my attention....I' ve been trying with the longbow but have a hard time without my training wheels...I' m going to refer someone in another post to have a look at your pics. Check out the thread " speed is all you need" in bowhuinting...
Old 03-06-2003, 10:50 PM

Here is the Buck I got in Oct. 2002, the Last day a Fall Bow in New Jersey. Got him with a PSE 55# compound using Easton 2018 xx75' s & a magnus 125gr Broadhead. The deer went about 50yards.

Old 03-16-2003, 01:37 PM

Just one doe! But meat in the freezer!
Old 03-19-2003, 07:12 AM
Typical Buck

I got a nice 120 pound spike week 2 in Maine. I had an extra doe permit but never got the chance to use it, which was too bad since I am now out of meat. Between my two brothers, my father and I we took 2 bucks, one doe, and one fawn. The old man took the fawn as his first deer since becoming a quadrapalegic, so we were pretty stoked to have him get one (he' s been a hunter all his life and broke his neck in the middle of the 2001 when he fell from scaffolding). But, we were 4 for 4 in my immediate family and 5 for six in the extended family.

Regarding the taking of multiple deer, I personally wouldn' t have done that because I wouldn' t want to fill my freezer day one and not hunt anymore that season. But if you' ve got extra freezer space and/or are donating meat AND your state is overrun with deer I say go for it. Deer overpopulation is starting to give hunters a bad name as antis point to it and say, " Look at what their feeding, etc has done!" It' s a bunch of crap, but overpopulation IS a bad thing, so thin them out if they need it (the deer, not the antis).
Old 03-20-2003, 02:40 PM

decent year here---2 nice bucks and seven flat tops--zones 27, 29 & 63
Old 03-30-2003, 10:56 AM

I' m replying a little late. Just found the topic.

I took three deer here in PA. One mature doe in early bow season, and a spike buck and another mature doe in rifle season.

I hunted Illinois in November () and took two deer out there. A young 6 point buck and a crippled doe. Probably the most exciting and action-packed week of bowhunting I' ve ever experienced, talk about big bucks, WHEW!!

PBB
Old 03-30-2003, 11:16 AM

Going by the posts, If this year is anythink like last (2002-2003) year. This is going to be a great year for everyone. GOOD HUNTING EVERYONE.