Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA Hunters: Ready for Spring? >

PA Hunters: Ready for Spring?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA Hunters: Ready for Spring?

Old 02-19-2003, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default PA Hunters: Ready for Spring?

Okay, who is going after a gobbler this spring? I' m gonna try it for my first time. I' m not sure what county I' m gonna be in, but most likely I will try to go up-state. I might go with my bow.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: PA Hunters: Ready for Spring?

As our season is coming soon enough, we are booking hunts quite readily so I' ll probably do more guiding than hunting but I will for sure find time for myself.

PA86, good luck to you as you venture forth as a first time turkey hunter. Although a bow is a great challenge, being a novice, you may want to consider the shotgun...lol but nonetheless, you' ll have a great time as soon as the first thunderous gobble makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Rob, I' d use a shotgun....but I don' t have one, LOL
Old 02-20-2003, 06:15 AM
Boone & Crockett

My mind is still undecided on whether I will take a gun or a bow out but be sure that I will be out for the spring gobbler season. My initial game plan is to start scouting some public land up in the Poconos around some of the major lakes/" ponds" . I just bought a canoe and want to utilize it to get to some " out of the way" places where I won' t run into other hunters.

I just received two new calls from my wife for Valentine' s Day so, yes, I guess you could say that I am " pumped" ...
Old 02-22-2003, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

im ready....all i want to do before then is make a few more strikers and get better at mouth calling...but i can still hunt if neither get done...i duno where i will be..when i hunt alone it will be here in beaver co...then our normal spots are venango or forest...i hope we goto forest this year...so much more woods....trout fishing is so much better too....i cant wait for our trip..no matter where it is its always fun...trout fishing and turkey hunting all in one day....life cant be any better!
Old 02-23-2003, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice sig pic there Mauser...and you gave me an idea. After my brother in law and I get our birds we can spend some time fishing from the canoe on our way back to the vehicles...
Old 02-24-2003, 08:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

I' m counting down the days untill spring gobbler season starts...
Old 02-24-2003, 04:25 PM

We can' t wait! This will be my 2nd year and my daughter' s first year turkey hunting. She got a Mossberg Bantam 500 20g. with a red dot scope for her 12th birthday last month. So we will be using that this year. Opening day will be in Columbia county with the video camera rolling. I am so thrilled that she is excited about hunting! My husband and I will do some hunting together in Clinton county after my daughter goes a few times as well.

Good luck to all of you!
Old 02-24-2003, 07:10 PM
Typical Buck

i' m getting the 835 ready for spring turkey too , but what about groundhog hunting , anybody here interested in that , it' s one of my favorites
Old 02-25-2003, 09:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not groundhog hunted in years but I do have some fond memories of taking the 22 out on a hot summer day in pursuit of them.

Quick Reply: PA Hunters: Ready for Spring?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.