Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA harvest #'s????????? >

PA harvest #'s?????????

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA harvest #'s?????????

Old 03-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA harvest #'s?????????

ORIGINAL: germain

I haven't shot a doe in a long time.
been twenty or so years for me too.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:47 AM
Fork Horn

I am glad we are getting bigger racks and less meat on the table."AR"After all the hunt is about putting a head on the wall so you can brag about it.I must have rocks in my head.I drag the whole deer out when i could just bring out the head.My pap allways told me you hunt for meat and win trophies.I fell sorry for the young hunters they will be like the deer NONE.I have a big THANK YOU for pgc and ga.The sport we all loved will soon be no more.Less deer=bigger racks less deer=less hunters less hunters=less$$$$$ less$$$$$=no pgc.So the winners are the outher states that us pa hunters go to
Old 03-24-2008, 05:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

Does anyone out there ever remember being told that the number of deer in Pa were to be reduced by one half? Is this why now we have no posted goals as to deer density's?
I hope the day soon comes when we find our selves knee deep in cucumber roots and wood rats abound every rocky meadow.Then perhaps the white tailed deer will to have a place in or forest again.
Old 03-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

The goal was absolutely to reduce the deer herd in half and that was stated from the beginning.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: DougE

The goal was absolutely to reduce the deer herd in half and that was stated from the beginning.
Could you show me where that goal was stated.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:30 AM

Spent Easter with my 17 yr old nephew. He started hunting at 12yrs old and has a great buck on the wall and has shot 3 doe. This season with about 10 days in the woods he didn't see a single deer. He is very discouraged and sure doesn't sound like I did when I was 17. I am sure this year if he is lucky he will spend a day or 2 in the woods. As the PGC has stated many many times, they are pleased with the direction of our sport and are going to stay the course.

Sad!!!!!!!!!!!

What is the actual goal, is it to make the sport soooo bad that they can now change the rules and sell land because no one would care anyway,

Old 03-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Don't get me wrong I have no problem with AR,I feel it forces people to look closely at the deer they are shooting,they make better shots and many border line bucks live another year.
But how can we stop the doe slaughter,driving does and shooting at running deer are not the answer.How can it take months of antler less season to kill a doe or two,according to some they are every where? A little moderation on both sides would go along ways.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:04 AM

I love the AR, but destroying the herd on public land to make some impact on the #'s standing along the turnpike is jsut stupid. I live in suburbia and have deer in the yard all of the time. I guess we better put better drives together on the game lands so not a single deer gets through so the deer in my yard stop getting hit by cars and eating my shrubs.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alt stated that his plan was to reduce the herd 5% a year for 10 years.I heard him state that both times I heard him speak.That equates to 50% and it was never a secret.
Old 03-24-2008, 08:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I too heard him speak & I never heard the 50 % # but I do recall something about the buck harvest going up. Dr.Gary Alt right?

Quick Reply: PA harvest #'s?????????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.