Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 COUGARS ARE HERE >

COUGARS ARE HERE

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

COUGARS ARE HERE

Old 02-29-2008, 03:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: COUGARS ARE HERE

The leader of that site used to post here - until they could not stand being challanged on the FACT nothing one their site qualified as proof! I spent 2 hours on that site of speculation less then a year ago. In 2 hours of reading, I saw not 1 bit of proof. Just more of the same kind of reports and rumors posted on every thread about cougars/panthers/big foot. "So and so saw blank, and I know its true cause they are a praying peacher hunter. "
If I sent them a donation, it would be so they could afford to get back on the meds they are clearly not taking as directed.

Steve
Old 02-29-2008, 07:51 AM

I am an avid hunter and livejust southof the Albany area. I, myself have never observed a "big" cat but I do putalot of faith into theidea that they have been in this area. My father and I run coonhounds and venture into some remote areas and many farmers recently have without a doubt said they have seen these cats once or twice. One reputable-well respected farmer in schoharie county saw a cougar back in 1986 on his farm. I work in albany county and almost a dozen idividuals..mostly teachers that I work withhave seen cougars. this area of the Alcove watershed and big quarry areas of Albany countyhave been said to be holding these cats. One teacher had a mountain lion on her picnic table two years ago during the summer. Another teacher had her horse attacked and DEC played stupid. she is very adimit about that. Some local police officers have seen these cats in the Burne/westerlo/Albany county areas. Sitings have definitelyincreased in the last 10 years in Albany county. What i found ironic was many of the cats that have been spotted carried collars around there necks.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

steve, yes.
look at site i posted.

there is a john there you can e-mail with your question or better yet,give him call.

also they have free info which could answer your questions and mailed to your home.

they do ask for a little donation to cover the postage etc,if you feel you would like too.

a friend of mine that lived at the site,HAMMERSLY FORK,PA. he just passed away.i miss him a lot.

2 years ago he said he heard the most awful sounds from hillsideon summer nightand he feels it was cougar .

he lived there all he life, hunts and sees bobcats all time.

he said that sound was not normal.
he also said something chased a doe that night and doe died in stream.

the pgc came and got doe.

he feels a COUGAR was chasing the doe.

i never said a COUGAR had 2 heads or came from mars..
Did you ever hear a Great Horned owl scream at night?? Will send the shivers right up your back when you are out in the woods at night, particularly if you are alone. May also promote a change of underwear............
Old 02-29-2008, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: tmeservey

I am an avid hunter and livejust southof the Albany area. I, myself have never observed a "big" cat but I do putalot of faith into theidea that they have been in this area. My father and I run coonhounds and venture into some remote areas and many farmers recently have without a doubt said they have seen these cats once or twice. One reputable-well respected farmer in schoharie county saw a cougar back in 1986 on his farm. I work in albany county and almost a dozen idividuals..mostly teachers that I work withhave seen cougars. this area of the Alcove watershed and big quarry areas of Albany countyhave been said to be holding these cats. One teacher had a mountain lion on her picnic table two years ago during the summer. Another teacher had her horse attacked and DEC played stupid. she is very adimit about that. Some local police officers have seen these cats in the Burne/westerlo/Albany county areas. Sitings have definitelyincreased in the last 10 years in Albany county. What i found ironic was many of the cats that have been spotted carried collars around there necks.
Mountain lions on picinic tables and teachers are like ministers - never wrong and and should all be trusted without question. Typical "proof" that is NOTHING but 2nd,3rd,4th....... hand hearsay with not a single bit of anything real to back it up.
Steve

PS - the collars thing is classic - you forgot the tags in the ears from insurance companies and the broken down trucks loaded with breeding pairs for release by the DEC.

Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

i had 8 owls in my area 3 weeks ago MATING for 2 days..
it drove me and dog NUTS.

my dog barked until 2 am.

owls in my yard killed 7 of my rabbits.
they killed all of our pheasants i had for youth kids to hunt,everyone of them.

i hate OWLS,HAWKS,FOX,COYOTES...

Old 02-29-2008, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

tmeservey,dont let steve in ny get to you,he feels as his does and no one will change his comments..

if i was in woods A LOT like me, and did not see one myself, i only saw 1 in 50 years in woods,i would kind of feel that cougaris not here..

but when SPROUL tells you he saw one 15 ft ,yes 15 ft from me with witness,you can take that to bank.

i was out today trying to get those 2 coyotes i missed,i thought my hunting was over, i thought i had a heart attack.

i guess i need to only go out 2 times a week in this cold air,not 5.

i am getting camera that you can put pictures on here, i hope to have some pictures of things in future..

maybe someone on here can steer me when that comes on how you download it to huntingpa site etc.

i am not very good at typing.
Old 02-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: tmeservey

i lived and hunted in KINGSTON, NY in 1980,not far from alabany,ny.

ole sproul has got around,i move as much as a cougar.

not 1 sighting here that i talked to inmy county had collar on cougar.
not saying 1 could have one on but no one here saw collar..

i saw bear this year,500 pds with 2 tags in its ear, 1 red,1 yellow with number on.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Welcome to Sprouls fairy tale forest.....

This forest is really special. It's full of cougars, bears that eat pine trees, and, of course, insurancecompany stocked coyotes. Theres also plenty of big "crews" of hunters who leave the deer rich areas of the state anddrive hundreds of miles to stomp out the woods and shoot the very last deer that remain in 2G. No deer left though.

Be careful not to let your rabbits out in the yard, those horny owls will get em for sure.

Don't bring your kids though, they're not welcome in Sprouls fairy tale forest because dad will use the kids tag to take one of those little bucks that are almost all gone anyway.

Be sure to sign up for the big cougar spotting contest. Be the 1401st person to see a cougar in PA and win big! Proof is not required! we'll take your word for it! After all, in Sprouls fairy tale forest, anything is possible...even the tallest of tales!
Old 02-29-2008, 10:17 PM
Fork Horn

cougar sighted in new york!!

I have proof.

It's on video

ask jay leno he saw it too!

sightings should be up tomorow.

Can't the moderators get rid of this stupid forum already
Old 02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
Fork Horn

Just remember their were no grizleys in idaho until a hunter shot one.

Quick Reply: COUGARS ARE HERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.