Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Proposed Bill Could Ban Lead Ammunition in Massachusetts! >

Proposed Bill Could Ban Lead Ammunition in Massachusetts!

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Proposed Bill Could Ban Lead Ammunition in Massachusetts!

Old 01-16-2008, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default Proposed Bill Could Ban Lead Ammunition in Massachusetts!

Only in Massachusetts. Must be looking for a kinder gentler bullet. lol Below is a summary and link. Here in Massachusetts it could probably pass, if we don't speak up.
Bob

"The Safer Alternatives Proposals" will create a program to replace ten "chemicals" with what proponents claim are safer alternatives. On the top of the list of targeted substances is lead, the common element used to make virtually all bullets. As proposed, this legislation could virtually shut down all shooting ranges as well as ban the sale and use of lead ammunition for self-defense, hunting and target practice in Massachusetts. Non-lead alternatives exist for ammunition but are significantly more expensive and, in many instances, have sub-standard performance characteristics. Shooting ranges already fall under federal EPA regulations concerning environmental impact and recent science and EPA guidelines show that lead ammunition on shooting ranges can be managed without detrimentally affecting the environment. Predictably, this legislation does not account for the serious impacts on shooting ranges and the sportsmen and gun owners who use them.

http://www.nraila.org/Hunting/Read/HuntingIssues.aspx?ID=3362&type=L

Old 01-17-2008, 12:03 PM

Default RE: Proposed Bill Could Ban Lead Ammunition in Massachusetts!

ORIGINAL: Horizontal Hunter

Only in Massachusetts. Must be looking for a kinder gentler bullet. ...
Actually California passed a law banning lead last October to help protect the condor.

Good luck.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to totally agree with California on this one though. I chipped a tooth on aleadpelletwhile eating one of those Condors last year. I'll onlybowhunt them from now on.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:09 AM

ORIGINAL: Simp

I have to totally agree with California on this one though. I chipped a tooth on aleadpelletwhile eating one of those Condors last year. I'll onlybowhunt them from now on.
LOL

I hear that they taste just like Bald Eagle. Any truth to that?