Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 My 1st Archery Buck >

My 1st Archery Buck

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

My 1st Archery Buck

Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
Spike

Default My 1st Archery Buck

I just wanted to share my 1st deer taken with a bow and arrow. I have been hunting Whitetails for over 15 years with a firearm, but got into Archery 3 years ago. Talk about getting an education, Bowhunting is probably the the most challenging,and most rewarding thing I have ever done. This buck was taken Friday morning@ 8:45am.in Germantown Md.It was drizzling and chilly. Nothing was moving and I was seriously considering getting down out of my stand, when I spotted a good size doe coming out of the tall grass moving towards me. 20 yards behind her was this 7 point! The doe moved right under my stand and the buck followed...My legs were shaking and heart was going crazy!!!! A million things go thru you mind at this moment..(Stay calm, Stay focused..Hold the pin steady)...The buck was 17 yards away when I let the arrow fly. Nailed him right in the shoulder and pierced his heart..the arrow did not go all the way thru. He jumped and ran about 10 yards and he was down..I cannot express all the emotions I was feeling. Truly a natural high. This memory of my first buck with a bow will always be very special to me...I hope it will not be my last...T

Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: My 1st Archery Buck

Cogratz on your first archery kill. I remember my first very well. It sure is nothing like gun hunting. Best of luck out there!!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:36 AM

That's Great if it's your first BUCK with a BOW!

I remember mine and i was feeling the same thing. I only took a spike for my first, but the feeling was the same. Your mind can't even control the nervousness that your body is feeling. Since then i have taken over a dozen deer with a bow, with my biggest being a 10 point that field dressed 182 lbs.
So, with that said !

Remember that was your start and hopefully you willharvest many more with the bow, but you will always remember that as your best experience.

Good Luck, the rest of the season in MD.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:43 AM

Congrats! What you see in the woods as far as deer activity during Archery season is unbelievable. People say yeah right when i tell them what i see deer do. It is the best feeling in the world when i show them pictures or video footage that i have taken during archery season, then showing them the pictures of my harvest. Nothing is better than a bow kill.
Old 11-12-2007, 10:54 AM

nice looking deer, congrats!!
Old 11-12-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright there is nothing to compare to your first with a bow a big congrats
Old 11-12-2007, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nicely done. Congratulations.
Old 11-12-2007, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, I took my first deer with a bow after 3 years of tryingjust yesterday too. It was a relatively small button buck, but was a rush anyway. I didn't get any pictures of it as it wasn't that impressive and my hunting buddies like to give me a hard enough time about it's size with some friendly teasing anyway. I've heard them all from "That's going to be some tender eating" to "Maybe instead of putting it in the bed of your truck you might want to let it ride in your daughter's car seat". It was still a rush harvesting a deer with a bow, definitely different then gun hunting. Was just as exciting as the monster I took as my first ever buck in my avatar with my shotgun last year.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:00 PM

Congrats
Old 11-12-2007, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

Way to go!!!!

Quick Reply: My 1st Archery Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.