HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - My 1st Archery Buck
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 09:01 AM
wildwon77
Spike

Default My 1st Archery Buck

I just wanted to share my 1st deer taken with a bow and arrow. I have been hunting Whitetails for over 15 years with a firearm, but got into Archery 3 years ago. Talk about getting an education, Bowhunting is probably the the most challenging,and most rewarding thing I have ever done. This buck was taken Friday morning@ 8:45am.in Germantown Md.It was drizzling and chilly. Nothing was moving and I was seriously considering getting down out of my stand, when I spotted a good size doe coming out of the tall grass moving towards me. 20 yards behind her was this 7 point! The doe moved right under my stand and the buck followed...My legs were shaking and heart was going crazy!!!! A million things go thru you mind at this moment..(Stay calm, Stay focused..Hold the pin steady)...The buck was 17 yards away when I let the arrow fly. Nailed him right in the shoulder and pierced his heart..the arrow did not go all the way thru. He jumped and ran about 10 yards and he was down..I cannot express all the emotions I was feeling. Truly a natural high. This memory of my first buck with a bow will always be very special to me...I hope it will not be my last...T