Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA. >

WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Someomne mentioned in an earlier thread that they might even come to Delaware, well they have been spotted here on more than one occasion, even photographed in the woods I walk in a few years ago. At one time the New Castle County Police Dept asssigned an officer to hunt one down that had been spotted and photo'd in a densely populated area, he had a few sightings but never was able to get off a safe shot.. One was spotted near an elementary sschool and photgraphed and State Troopers were assigned to the area until it was either shot or escaped... So they are already here in Delaware probably some photo's were 7 or 8 years ago....
Old 11-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Fork Horn

When will the insanity stop??? Sproulman, do you have any pics? Any scat? Anything for me to believe you have spotted a cougar? The answer is NO.Other than you saw one "back in the day" and stop with all the conspiracy theories like the pgc wants the deer gone or they released cougars years ago blah,blah,blah. Oh, and the one where all the big bucks in PA are being shot during the muzzeloader season by young kids being a coincidence. I feel you are lacking drama in your life. If so, watch some of those MTV shows at night. They are filled with drama. My wife watches them all the time.

Old 11-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

how many of them have you found dead?
Well seeing as I live in NY that might be alittle tough.

me favor, e-mail them with your questions and let us know their answer.
I don't think so your the one posting there is proof, you talk with them.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:03 AM

I knwo wehre there are 3 right now. WE see them on a regular basis whyle deer hunting. One of which is in DE. The other 2 are in the same location in DE County PA. The one in DE is in some woods off of Rockland Rd and the 2 in PA are in woods at the intersection of RT322 andRT1. The people at Rockland RD have videos of it walking through there back yards and the Game Commission said its a very large Bobcat. It stands about 2.5-3 feet tall on all 4 legs and must weight atleast 130#. Dose that sound like a Bobcat to any of you?
Old 11-13-2007, 01:21 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Retaks

I knwo wehre there are 3 right now. WE see them on a regular basis whyle deer hunting. One of which is in DE. The other 2 are in the same location in DE County PA. The one in DE is in some woods off of Rockland Rd and the 2 in PA are in woods at the intersection of RT322 andRT1. The people at Rockland RD have videos of it walking through there back yards and the Game Commission said its a very large Bobcat. It stands about 2.5-3 feet tall on all 4 legs and must weight atleast 130#. Dose that sound like a Bobcat to any of you?
Once again I'm not buying it. Any chance you are related to sproulman?
Old 11-13-2007, 06:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: gergie

When will the insanity stop??? Sproulman, do you have any pics? Any scat? Anything for me to believe you have spotted a cougar? The answer is NO.Other than you saw one "back in the day" and stop with all the conspiracy theories like the pgc wants the deer gone or they released cougars years ago blah,blah,blah. Oh, and the one where all the big bucks in PA are being shot during the muzzeloader season by young kids being a coincidence. I feel you are lacking drama in your life. If so, watch some of those MTV shows at night. They are filled with drama. My wife watches them all the time.

if you would take time to look at THEIR info, not mine, you would see they put a CONFIRMED cougar track taken in clinton county,pa.
what else do you want?
as for one i saw back in 1994 or so, no, no pictures.

please contact them, they have e-mail address, dont contact me,i just put info on here for us as they had article in our local newspaper here in clinton county, pa.

as for muzzleloader week and big bucks being shot with bow,YOU BET,a lot of big bucks were shot that week, now i will let you decide why and yes, a lot were shot by kids with BOW..congrats to all those 12 yr old kids getting huge bucks with bow.................................
Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Retaks

if you saw long tail, its COUGAR.
yes, one i saw had 3ft tail,all reported to PGC which they said i saw a COUGAR but they dont believe it.
guess on weight of one i saw,i believe was around 90 pds.
also TAWNY COLOR with be totally different than bobcat,will almost look orangish..............
Old 11-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

WILD COUGARS ARE HERE.

info can be obtained at site.
Their site say's nothing about these tracks being from wild cougars do they?
Old 11-14-2007, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Charlie P

WILD COUGARS ARE HERE.

info can be obtained at site.
Their site say's nothing about these tracks being from wild cougars do they?
charlie, you are starting to make me laugh,thanks, i need laugh once in awhile.
PGC first said COUGARS dont exist.
then after evidence is being obtained,they say OH, THEY COULD BE PETS.
even if one was found dead and proven to be wild,pgc would say,thats only one, rest are pets.

at least we are as far as saying there are TRACKS and pictures showing up and i dont know what other evidence they may have.

these people are not bunch of quacks, they are doctors and experts, some work and worked for u.s wildlife.

they have e-mail for questions.
ask them that question on tracks.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

i can only say one thing to all this. If one is caught or shot then the proof of burden needs to be found out if a wild Eastern or a wild Western type cougar is around or not. Here one was caught being transported for release that had nothing to do with wildlife officials at all. That guy went to jail and has become a fellon because of it. If that cougar happened to have been released and caught or shot 2 or 3 years from then. Would that be considered a wild cougaras in theEastern Cougar? Some people or whatever you want to call them are up to no good and will try anything to stop trapping,hunting, fishing, and logging. Think about it, just because you or someone has seen them doesn't make them a natural wild Eastern Cougar... That's my 2 cents on this.

Quick Reply: WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.