Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA. >

WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

I stepped out onto the back porch ofa cousin's house in NWTioga Co. last Sunday night for a smoke and heard theGod-awfulest noise I've everheard, coming from up on the mountainbehind his place. We immediately decided it musta been the scream of a wild painter, went back in to watch the rest of the NASCAR race.

[8D]

Over the past 50+ years that I've trundled about in Potter and Tioga counties, I have seen and heardalmost every species of critter that abounds up there, including a bobcat. Both species of fox, bears, 'yotes, possums, porcupines and coons. I have seen and heard assortedhawks, owls and one osprey. Even see the occasional, rare whitetail.

No idea what made that noise last week, so natcherly it musta been a catamount.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

i hear about people seeing cougars, but with all the trail cameras and all the people with cameras I cant believe there isnt a picture somewhere. I know they travel at night and are elusive but still.
How many guys have spent their whole lives hunting out in the woods and never saw a deer?
Old 11-08-2007, 12:14 PM
Spike

yeah i mean really...

i think the only way i believe they are in PA or MD is I see a photo of one walking by the Welcome to MD sign or PA sign...
Old 11-08-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Kent Co. Boy

yeah i mean really...

i think the only way i believe they are in PA or MD is I see a photo of one walking by the Welcome to MD sign or PA sign...
cougar is very elusive,yes, you are right,they do travel at night but in daytime sometimes.
the group i listed has pictures.
but you ask average hunter if they have camera with them, most dont but a lot are starting to carry a camera,me too.

1 i saw 12 years ago in clinton county was so fast accross road,no way i could have reacted that quick to get picture.
i was stunted when i saw it.

anyhow, this group is putting info in p[aper here, they are from virginia and have INFO and PROOF now of cougars in those following counties in pa.

lately i am hearing of no cougar sighting, so far, funny isnt it, 2 years ago, man, sightings reports i was hearing here,now ,nothing that i have heard.

i think its gas prices are doing it as i am also seeing less hunters road hunting or going to camp than i did last 2 years.
Old 11-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Fork Horn

Sproulman,
Did you ever eat paint chips or live by power lines? Seriously!!!
Old 11-08-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I heard the DEC released them in NYto control the Coyotes that they released to control theferal cats that escaped the abandoned farmsand ate the bluebirds that the state made the state bird.

Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Typical Buck

Might explain why I only saw one bluebird in PA last year. You figure them cats followed the 'yotes from NY into PA? In a few more years they should all be in Maryland, Delaware or West (By God) Virginia.

Fairly certain someone in WV would shoota pumaon sight once they get down there, so that's where the mystery will end.

Old 11-09-2007, 11:27 AM

Sproulman...

Dude, seriously.

Do you hunt, fish, BE Outdoors.....at all?

Do you wanna KEEP those parts of your Outdoor Lifestyleintact..??

Proving cats in a place where they've not been for decadesis something you do not want to keep beatin' the drum about.

This ain't a who's right or who's wrong, who's got the bigger one....thing/competition.

If there's cats there then fine...but let it go man.

Just let 'em be without trying to prove to the whole world they are there.

The reprocussions from the whole world knowing about it are gonna be tuff to choke down.....think Spotted Owl.

Just let it go........................
Old 11-09-2007, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

wilds,this group found COUGARS evidencewhen our great game commission denies they EXIST.

hundreds of people hunters/non hunters were called bad names on hereby people who never saw one and think they are great outdoorsman and know everything.

maybe you all should be more OPENED MINDED and not make fun of all hundreds that saw COUGAR and some tried to make fun of them.

only reason this group was started was because of all the DENIAL by our game commissions.
no one likes to be told theydid not see what they saw, do you?

it will end when people like you and others stop making fun of hundreds of people that saw cougar.

no one i know of is out to brag that they saw cougar, we only dont want to be made FUN OF and called a nut as you read on here.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

I know of a few people that swear up and down they have seen cougars here in WNY I'm not saying that they didn't but I need to see a dead one to believe it

Quick Reply: WILD COUGARS CONFIRMED IN PA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.