Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 paying to hunt in MD >

paying to hunt in MD

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

paying to hunt in MD

Old 10-30-2007, 01:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default paying to hunt in MD

heres the deal. been hunting for 4 years now, well really 3 strong years, and have yet to kill a nice, decent quality buck. have shot button bucks, spikes, does, etc, but just havent had the land to kill a nice, mature deer off of. i was thinking of paying an outfitter here in MD just so i can shoot myself a nice buck. i understand that its not exactly the same as if i scouted, hunted and then killed a nice deer, but i honestly do not care right now, for this season, i would simply like to feel the buck fever before i kill a mature buck. i think its like 200-300 bucks for a day or two hunt down on the eastern shore. has anyone else ever done this? especially from MD..anyone ever use any specific outfitter? what is the usually success rate of these hunts, i would think its a good chance of killing a nice deer. either stories or opinions for or against this idea is what im looking for. or a recomendation for an outfitter someone has used before. thanks alot fellas. I NEED A BUCK lol
Old 10-30-2007, 02:18 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: paying to hunt in MD

I suppose your talking about B&J on the eastern shore possibly? I know people that has paid, and only known of one come back with a decent 110" buck.

I am thinking of paying for a few days on the shore for gun.

I went almost 14 years before arrowing a decent buck.

Old 10-30-2007, 03:25 PM

That' funny, I've been thinking of doing the same thing. I found this outfitter in Carroll County (I live in Finksburg). I've never used them but it looked interesting.

http://www.lowershunting.com/deer.shtml
Old 10-30-2007, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

cool. thats what I was thinking. rates look alright as well. I wander what the success rate is. I mean anyone can say "Come hunt big bucks" and then after the hunt, and you get skunked, they can say "Well thats hunting, win some, lose some" screw that lol. i want a good chance to kill a mature deer. and would hate to pay 300 bucks or whatever to not seee or kill anything. i mean dont get me wrong, i love hunting and just being in the woods,but man do i want to kill myself a big ol wolly for my wall lol. i want to be sick: with buck fever lol. thanks forthe link tho. let me know what you end up doing. if i do it, i will prob. be shotgun hunting after thansgiving.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Fork Horn

I checked the site out but only seen 4 worth calling a trophy and only one of them was maybe worth paying for if I was gonna spend my hard earned money on a hunt head to Ill. or Iowa somewhere that grows the big boys and are worth the money dont pay to hunt your own state buddy if you just want to shoot a buck come to wva I can gaurantee ya a buck aint gonna be no trophy but at least you aint paying no big dollars good luck with what ever you do
Old 10-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Fork Horn

botech

i agree. just looked at the photos also, not too large of deer. honestly kind of small lookiing, even for me, a person who has only shot button bucks, spiked and does. where in WVA do you hunt? I used to hunt slainesville in the past few years, but my buddy had to sell his land. now im stuck on public land. but you could really GAURUNTEE me a buck? that seems like a big statement. Im not saying you cant, just interested in your comment. ILL JUST COME HUNT WITH YOU [8D]
Old 10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Save the guide money and lease a farm with others inKent County or in Southern Md in Charles County. Then you have the whole year to score and not just one day. The trick to this isto get guys that won't be hunting that much to bring the cost down. Personally I wouldn't do a day trip with a guide unless it was goose hunting.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:04 PM
Fork Horn

rickmur - shoot bud i have been trying to do that for a year now. lol. i have sent letters to every farm listed in MD on the internet, knocked on about 60 doors in hardford county, put a ad in the aegis newspaper, and still cant find anywhere to lease, lol. shoot me a pm if you do, please. thats why i have been hunting public land, and i know deer can be killed off of it, and I am trying currently, i would rerally just like the opportunity to shoot a "quality" deer this year.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM
Fork Horn

check into Joining DelMar waterfowl club. They have plenty of deer hunting as well.

$1000 and you have all year to huntthe properties and they are very well managed

http://www.delmarwaterfowl.com/pricing.htm
Old 10-30-2007, 10:24 PM

dont shoot the button bucks and spikes and your problem might be solved... pa has a limit 3 on a side.. i wish md would do it too.. pa is starting to see the effects of it... this would help the rack quality soo much in md... so far this year i passed up a button buck, 5 spikes, 3 point, small 6 and a small 7... i know some of them may be shot by other hunts but its a start and i'm trying to talk as many people into it as possible.

Quick Reply: paying to hunt in MD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.