Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 MD Rut...Check in sightings. >

MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Old 10-26-2007, 03:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Ugh this weather sucks.[:@] Maybe I'll just go shoot the techno range this weekend.
Old 10-26-2007, 06:31 PM

The Whitetails are not in rut yet, but the Sika in Dorchester is rutting at the moment, but heat has slowed down the rut though. Got one with the bow the other day though, a 5pointer. First bow kill.

Old 10-27-2007, 04:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great work there pointeris, congratulations
Old 10-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: DR KILL

YEAH BOY, I GOT A RUB LINE AND A HALF CUTING DOWN THE WOODS WERE THERE WAS NO SIGN OF DEER LAST WEEK I THINKS SOMTHING IS STARTING , ALSO I DRIVE FROM HAGERSTOWN TO DC EVERYDAY AND 270 HAS AT LEAST 3 ROADKILL BUCKS A DAY FROM FREDERICK TO RT 495 IF THAT IS NOT A SIGN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS ,
Just curious what you do for a living???
Old 10-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Fork Horn

I drive a lot around Northern Baltimore county as well as PG county and I saw 3 road kill young bucks today as well as 2 other deer that I couldn't identify. Seems like the cold last night got them young ones in the mood.
Old 10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
Fork Horn

yep, for anyone along 695 in baltimore county, there are 2 deer dead right around lock raven , on each side of the road. look like does tho. maybe button bucks
Old 10-29-2007, 05:17 PM
Fork Horn

got into the woods tonight about 4pm and seen a total of 6 deer one doe about 430 then 2 4 pts and a spike the one 4 pt responded and came right to my tree when i hit the grunt call he was walking away at about 80 yards i grunted he turned and walked a straight line right to my stand , then he spotted another 4 pt come in off the power line and he chased him off i think its on boys if only for the imature bucks but it is on none the less
jim
Old 10-29-2007, 07:57 PM
Fork Horn

Got on stand around 330PM. First deer was small 4-6pt with a tall rack at about 515PM. He got within 5 yards and just looked at me then kept on browsing. Thank you Predator camo!

He eventually worked out of my area and the last deer I saw was a big bodied doe at about 615PM or so. She wasn't being followed and the buck I saw earlier didn't seem to be on the trail of any hot does. I did... two or three times hear what I thought were deer chasing each other, however, I never got visual contact of any seeking and chasing. I think the seek and chase period will pick up late this week or early next with the rut kicking in around the late 2nd or early 3rd week of Nov.
Old 10-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

I saw seven deer yesterday including one buck chasing a deer around in a field. Early stages are here. Time to hunt every chance you get.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:45 AM

Saw 30 last night. Saw some "light" chasing, it's not far away at all.

Quick Reply: MD Rut...Check in sightings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.