Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 whatcha been seeing in 2G? >

whatcha been seeing in 2G?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

whatcha been seeing in 2G?

Old 10-21-2007, 06:39 AM
Spike

Default whatcha been seeing in 2G?

wandering what people have been seeing in PA 2G so far, i hunt specifically in lower potter/upper cameron counties on state ground, but do go down into clinton off the quehenna highway sometimes, so far haven't been able to get free enough from work to get out in the woods,
but i got 2.5 weeks of vacation burning a hole in my pocket for rifle and late muzzleloader
Old 10-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whatcha been seeing in 2G?

Well,it's no surprise----deer numbers are down. The HR program has done it's job, but if you want to spend a little time doing some checking for food sources, I think you can do OK yet. The red oaks were spotty around our camp area this year (Parker Dam), but the white oak seems fine. Lots of fresh, empty caps on the ground and shell pieces. You gotta go where the food is. With the weather being so dry, an active spring or seep is going to be an attractant also. The savvy hunter will still probably be able to do OK.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: whatcha been seeing in 2G?

I hunt the northern areas of 4d, I know the other side of 80 is 2G around Gordon, Didn't see much of anything during the early doe season. Fortunately I have private land to hunt for the rifle season that only several guys have permission hunt so we leave it alone during muzzleloader.