Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough... >

Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

Old 08-04-2007, 06:55 PM
Typical Buck

Default Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

Wow!!!

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/te...ugh_press.html
Old 08-04-2007, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

This has abeen a local item for quite some time now. Took quite a while for all the town approvals to go through. it's still just some dirt now. I'm seriously gonna try to get in there for work as it's only about a 10-15 minute drive for me
Old 08-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Typical Buck

At least they're working. Here in Quebec, they announced that they were going to build a store back in 06. The store was supposed to be ready fall of 07 or spring 08. Now they're saying it "might" be open as early as 08. I don't think they'll end up opening at all up here.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't see anything about Hookset in there. I hope it still going to happen I also heard that they want one in N. Conway!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

FirstI had heard of it, and I might just have to take a ride down that way sometime after it is up and running..
Old 08-08-2007, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

LL Bean and Kittery Trading post must be bumming big time....
Old 08-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Typical Buck

They announced this store; one in montreal, and the store in hooksett has been publicized in papers in the area.

There's no way cabelas is going to open three stores within this kind of proximity.

Word is the store in montreal is getting axed due to language challenges... there are some crazy laws in Quebec regarding languages.

If they have started construction on this store in ME, I think any potential project in NH, VT or MA will be forgotten. They might still focus on Syracuse Albany area, but with Hamburg, PA and Hartford, CT; they will have the coverage they're looking for, imo.

cheers,
Old 08-08-2007, 09:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Closest to me is Hamburg Pa (6-8 hrs) right now so I would welcome an Albany NY store or Hookset NH. Montreal is only about an hour away but buying there and bringing over the border would always be more of a problem than it would be worth. Last year I visited the Wheeling WV store which was greatand the Sydney NB headquarters which was a disappointment.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

They dropped the Hooksett store from what I understand and think was a big mistake. Not because it won't be in NH, I can careless where they put it. I just don't see people driving an extra hour up the ME Pike to buy something that Kittery has. Kittery Trading Post is just as big as the Cabelas store in Hamburg! If KTPwas all on one floor like Cabelas and they took out the mount displays, you'd never know the difference.

Not to mention that Kittery Trading Post has probably some of the best used gun selectionand even new gun prices around. NO way canCabelas match that.

I've been to the Brass Pro shop in TX, the Cabelas store and the Gander Mountian store in PA! Believe me,once you see one store, you've seen them all and you not getting any kind of deal by shopping there. There's nothing special about any of them other than the mount displays and even then,they're just displays.

Find what you want through their catalogs and then go on ebay and buy for half the price

Old 08-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Dominant Buck

10-4 on the Kittery Trading Post and the gun selection. Great store and a must stop every time I go to south Maine. For some reason I didn't care as much for the LLBean in freeport. Good place to get cloths but it didn't do much for me on the hunting and fishing gear.

Quick Reply: Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.