Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough... >

Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

Old 08-11-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bye Bye Hooksett... Hellow Scarborough...

LL Bean has gone yuppie and gotten away from what made them in the beginning - the outdoors sportsman. they won't take much of a hit by cabela's. Kittery, well they will but not very much i don't think. They do a lot of business with Nh residents and I don't see those ppl making the drive to Scarboro. Kittery also has a storefront in NH for handgun sales to NH residents. Having seen and heard about Cabelas firearms pricing, at least on used guns, Kittery has nothing to worry about. Cabelas is gonna rely on thier location near the Maine Mall shopping area and the visual/accessabilityto the turnpike. It's basically got it's own exit. They'll do very well. one staor that could take a direct hit is Dick's which is only a few miles away from the new Cabelas. not sure how much of thier sales are in the hunting/fishing/outdooors field but they'll lose a lot of it I think.
I'm gonna actually apply at Cabelas. I did retail mgmt for 7 or 8 yrs a few yrs back and know firearms pretty darn well. Worth a try anyways. I'll take a pay cut if the hours and benefits are right. Heck, by then the wife may get her promotion and it'll be a extra $ job anyways.