Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 any trail cameras out in new jersey? >

any trail cameras out in new jersey?

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

any trail cameras out in new jersey?

Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default any trail cameras out in new jersey?

i like to put mine out around the first week of august to get an idea of how the herd is doing. any luck getting good pics?
Old 07-30-2007, 03:05 AM

Default RE: any trail cameras out in new jersey?

A buddy of mine picked up (2) CuddyBack IR cameras and a Drury Wildlife Eye from his property that someone tresspassed to put up. He left a note on the tree for them thanking them for the cameras....lol....It serves them right...He is going to give me one of the Cuddybacks...
Old 07-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

i didnt expect that kind of a reply at all. its not good that someone trespassed on your friends property but i wouldnt be proud of stealing those expensive cameras either. why not leave a note on how to be contacted and let the person know they were on your property. i know it should be your responsibilty to know where your are in the woods but maybe they just didnt know the boundaries of the property they were scouting.im just against any kind of stealing period. untill youve walked to your stand only to find it stolen youll never know how much of a scumbag thing it is to steal from another hunter. you gotta say to yourself is owning a free trail camera gonna change your life. you can get them at walmart for 29$.[>:]
Old 07-30-2007, 05:27 PM

I should be putting mine out this week, I set some feeders up about 2 weeks ago and want to see who's been hanging around! Also looks like cyotes have moved in for good in my area, hope they hassel the deer to much...
Old 07-31-2007, 02:50 AM

The property is well marked, he has Posted signs up every 10 feet, besides, the cameras were placed in an area that was a good 30 acres inside the boundries and very near to his house. He has had several ladder stands stolen and tree steps removed, and tons of tresspassing/atv tracks. He does his best to patrol the area. The note he left did give the contact information to retreive the camera and a Thank you to whoever claims them becausehe is going to prosecute whoever picks them up and judging by the location the were placed, I seriously doubt that anyone will claim them. I can see your point of view, but the area the cameras were placed in was over a food plot, with tower blinds and in distant view of his house. Whoever put these here knew where they were at the time. The funny thing is that the wildlife eye camera setup was placed on two j-hooks screwed to a tree that had one of his Posted signs on it with his contact information, so if that is not proof enough, I dont know what is. I should have described the whole situation in detail on my prev post, sorry for the confusion, looking back now I can see how it may appear that he was just taking cameras on my prev post.
Old 07-31-2007, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i can see your point. sounds like they should have known better.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

alot of the members on : www.newjerseyhunter.comhas them out and have posted pictures

Old 07-31-2007, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

im gonna freshen up my salt licks this week and get some cameras out. i will post in a week or 2. last year was horrible down in the pine barrens. got 2 pictures compared to rolls of film i use to go through.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Here is one set up in New Jersey, I have seen some nice deer on it.
http://www.rd-hc.com/rdhc_deer_cam.htm