Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

trail cameras

Old 08-06-2008, 07:43 PM

Default trail cameras

probably been asked many times, but currently, is there anyone with a trail cam suggestion. Consider price vs. function.....surely there are favorites out there. I do not currently own one, but the time has come to make a decision and get up to date. thanks for any advice.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: trail cameras

moultrie-good mix of quality and price
Old 08-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd 2nd the vote on Moultrie.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:58 PM

the moultrie I-40 or I-50 seem to be the best over the counter cams on the market for price/quality. I have a dozen units, mostly Cuddebacks and Moultries. My advice is to stay away from Stealth products. I have had nothing but trouble with mine, and I gave them all away. It was money wasted, I hope you dont make the same mistake. Best of luck.

Jason
Old 08-06-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I disagree with the "stay away from Stealth" comment. I own several Stealth Cams and every one works very well. Battery life is great and picture quality is great. I highly recommend a Stealth Cam.
Old 08-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the price, moultire cams are great. I have a cheaper moultrie (d40) and im pretty happy with it.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've owned and tried a bunch of trail cams over the last several years from all kinds of different manufacturers, from Cuddeback to Cam-Tracker (spending thosands of dollars along the way) and if I could only chooseone, it would easily be the Reconyx Color Covert IR RC60. This cam is by far, THE best investment I know of in the trail cam world. From the fastest trigger speed, excellent images, super easy and friendly set-up and operation controls.... this is the cam to own,... thus far. You can spend a bunch of money doing your own searching and never seeing half of what you could be.... or you could buy the best right from the start? Good luck in your search.

Old 08-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

Moultrie 4.0 Gamewatcher with a $20 chip and you get somewhere around 1600 or more pictures at a time, cost about $120 total. I plug the chip in my printer and scan all of the pictures, if I see one I want to print it is simple.
Old 08-07-2008, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ALL cam's are hit and miss, even the brands. each brand and model has their lemons so you will hear and read some kind of negative feedback on each one. i personally use the Moultrie line of cams and am very happy.
Old 08-07-2008, 09:04 PM

thanks for all the posts. looks like Moultrie has the vote power so far. Anybody have advice about video footage features as well?

thanks

Quick Reply: trail cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.