Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Why arent there NE hunting videos/articles >

Why arent there NE hunting videos/articles

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Why arent there NE hunting videos/articles

Old 05-30-2007, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Why arent there NE hunting videos/articles

i agree it is alot harder to hunt up here and get a big buck then it is in the mid west
Old 05-31-2007, 08:07 AM
Dominant Buck

I feel the hunting is great in the New England states but certainly not up to the standards of the Mid West as depicted on TV. Many of those TV shows don't necessarily use fair chase and the rate of trophy harvest on those showsreally don't reflect the true experience of a hunt there. The shows make it appear that the hunter sets in a stand for 1/2 hour and Booner or P&Y deer continually wander by. The same thing could be accomplished on a deer farm or unhunted large private land based anywhere that deer live. Here in New England there is far more public land opportunity for hunting eliminating much of the trophy potential. In the Mid West most of the land is privately held and hunting is pretty regulated by the owners. Deer can live in many of those areas for years and develop into true trophies. Access to the Mid West is increasingly at a cost which is becoming too much for many of the average hunters. The people making the videos and TV shows just pony up the money and can hunt all they want for the end product of getting a kill on tape.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

I feel the hunting is great in the New England states but certainly not up to the standards of the Mid West as depicted on TV. Many of those TV shows don't necessarily use fair chase and the rate of trophy harvest on those showsreally don't reflect the true experience of a hunt there. The shows make it appear that the hunter sets in a stand for 1/2 hour and Booner or P&Y deer continually wander by. The same thing could be accomplished on a deer farm or unhunted large private land based anywhere that deer live. Here in New England there is far more public land opportunity for hunting eliminating much of the trophy potential. In the Mid West most of the land is privately held and hunting is pretty regulated by the owners. Deer can live in many of those areas for years and develop into true trophies. Access to the Mid West is increasingly at a cost which is becoming too much for many of the average hunters. The people making the videos and TV shows just pony up the money and can hunt all they want for the end product of getting a kill on tape.
Your pretty much right on execpt I bet many of those hunts are comped so they get free advertising. The TV show buckmasters is almost always an info-mercial where theguide/ owner speaks of what they offer and contact info is displayed.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:38 AM

Alot of those TV hunts and hunts on video are on private land and are high fence hunts. It takes alot of time to get a kill on tape and the same scenes are shot over and over to give it the most dramatic effect.

I sawa behind the scences thing on how hunts are filmed, it is actually pretty funny. A deer comes walking along and wammo the hunter shoots it. Then like 10 minutes later they tape the guy pumping his fist and saying "Wow thats the biggest buck ever!!!" I don't watch those shows because they are such a crock!!!

As far as them NOT being filmed in the NE. All the foilage and thick stuff does not make for good footage.

I personally know someone who records sounds and films Animals in HD for major movie and tv production companies, Trust me it is not easy around the NE.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I hunt the 3 northern New England states and most of the big woods land is open and available for anyone to hunt. If your interests are to sit in a blind looking over bait or a food plot then find another place because these states aren't well adapted to that type of hunting. If you enjoy still hunting or tracking wild big mountain bucks in the snow then these areas are for you.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:03 PM

Waterfowl Video -

We produced a goose hunting video ---it is available at Cabelas or via my website if you have any interest.