Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Sunday hunting in PA? >

Sunday hunting in PA?

Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Sunday hunting in PA?

Old 04-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sunday hunting in PA?

[/quote]
ORIGINAL: clubberlang

While I can't argue about more time in the woods, we need to look at the bigger picture. Sundays are the only day many other outdoor recreation enthusiasts use public lands during hunting season. I'm not only talking about game lands, I also mean state forests, state parks, etc. Many of these people are either indifferent or supportive of hunting. I think we stand to alienate many of these people to this sport. All things to consider.
- THEY already have 10 months out of the year and i see only 2 of those sundays getting heavy use. to ban hunting on sundays is dumb. OUT WITH THE BLUE LAWS. if you truely believe nature needs a day off why not make it wednesday instead so while im working i can dream of the weekend hunt.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Hey liquidorange I said nothing about nature needing a day off. I'd like another day to hunt (although my wife wouldn't). I just stated a few things we as hunters need to consider. In central Pa public lands get used on Sunday , horseback riding, biking, hiking and whatever else those people do. If the game commission ends up as an entity of DCNR (as some would like), our voice as hunters could fall on deaf ears. Like I said, just some points to consider.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm for it! I didn't see anything at the link either
Old 04-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Fork Horn

CT has been trying for bowhunting only on private land for over 10 years and has not been able to get it passed. Too many anti's and people who claim that they need Sundays to enjoy the outdoors hiking etc.........
CT has been trying as bow only on private land becuause it is a start and once that gets passed who knows what may happen. Every year it gets a little closer to being passed.

I support Sunday hunting here, there and everywhere!

Old 04-26-2007, 06:16 AM

Its funny.. We can fish on Sundays but we cant hunt. Sunday was the day of rest and the only thing you could do on Sundays was go to church and spend time with your family. When PA passed the law allowing fishing on sundays the masses still did their church thing and nothing was different.. Now we just need to get hunting on Sunday.. This would please my wife to no end.. haha\

oh and in response to the mennonites...

what does it take to satisfy an Amish woman? two mennonite!
Old 04-26-2007, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spend almost every sunday scouting on public land in northcentral Pa during hunting season.in all the years I've been doing this,I've never encountered a hiker.

Our game lands were purchased for the sole purpose of hunting.Denying people the right to hunt on them on sundays is ridiculous.Denying people the right to hunt on private land on sunday is ridiculous.It would be very easy for DCNR or any private landowner that doesn't want sunday hunting on their property to post it otherwise.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:21 AM

you can crow hunt on sundays
Old 04-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was talking last weekend with a Game officer and a Fish commissioner , and they both told me that if we want to see sunday hunting in PA , the only way it is going to pass is if we the hunters make it happen. Both said that the bill is close to being passed , but to get it done we need to all call our state Reps and hammer then with requests and support of the bill.

So if u want to see sunday hunting in PA , take the 5 mins and puta call into ur state rep , just tell them that you are a dedicated outdoorsmen , and you would like to see sunday hunting passed in PA.
Old 04-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Spike

It is about time, I can't wait for it to pass, with my schedule it maybe the only day I get to hunt.
Old 04-27-2007, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

GEEEZZZZ...you'll cause economic collapse in Ohio and New York !! Do you realize how many of these small local yocal little business' survive off PA Sunday Hunters...you may cause a war between 3 states..someday we'll get off our primitive backward view of the world..by the way on the way home from these states I notice the MALLS have more cars parked in the lots than the church....I'm am gettin' tired of drivin' for the last 40 years !!