Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season.................. >

PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Old 03-29-2007, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

I don't like the idea of inlines being used during the flinlock season.

While I do hunt with both, I certainly understand how different and fun it is hunting with a flintlock after all the other seasons run out.

Allowing inlines during that time of year will really take away from the one on one type aspect that hunting with a flintlock brings. What I am trying to say is that the woods are practically empty and sometimes you got it all to yourself. I like that part of it. Letting inlines be legal will bring more hunters out and ruin that.

Leave it the way it is!

Old 03-29-2007, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

some of you might give me a lot of crap for this, buti hope they dont do this because not only is it good the way it is for the flintlocks and the bow people out there but a lot of hunters like to go after small game in the late season. i would see a lot of inline hunters out there and im sorry but when you are hunting heavy hunted areas its kinda scary. sorry if some dont feel thats a problem but its just another thing to think about.[/align]
Old 03-29-2007, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

I don't like the idea of inlines being used during the flinlock season.

While I do hunt with both, I certainly understand how different and fun it is hunting with a flintlock after all the other seasons run out.

Allowing inlines during that time of year will really take away from the one on one type aspect that hunting with a flintlock brings. What I am trying to say is that the woods are practically empty and sometimes you got it all to yourself. I like that part of it. Letting inlines be legal will bring more hunters out and ruin that.

Leave it the way it is!

i agree with you just sent in my info to rep.hanna..its like archery,i hate to see day crossbows are allowed in archery season..

its not in-line or crossbow ,its all new hunters that will be running around in pick up trucks road hunting etc..its nice and quiet now ,why let all those doe hunters in to kill more doe when there are none..

this is being pushed by doe hunters that want 3 or 4 doe in freezer..dam it, i hate those type of hunters..
Old 03-29-2007, 10:32 PM

I like having the choice of my bow or flintlock during the second season. It would be a shame to loose it.
The second season was intended for primitive weapons and I'd like it to stay that way. BT said it..In-lines are a high powered one shot rifle.
E-Mail sent.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

I will gladly send an email.

I am against inline usage in the late season and I do not even own or use a flintlock. I may sound greedy for saying this but I enjoy going out in the late season with my bow simply because there are so few other deer hunters out in the woods, bow or muzzleloader. With the introduction of inlines into the late season I would fear that more hunters would be in the woods due to the easier nature of the weapon being suggested.

Hmm, this sounds alot like the crossbow argument.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I want 4 deer at the minimum in my freezer but I still like the primitive season after christmas.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

When is the laser-guided taser gun going to be legalized for all seasons? I see no reason why the gov. should be telling us we can't use that and night vision goggles also. What's wrong with hunting deer at night? Some people work during the day ya know. Damned government always telling us what to do!
Old 03-30-2007, 08:27 AM

I am against it only because I only have a flintlock and want to keep the others out of my woods.

"My Woods" how do you like that comment.

I actually really don't care. I rarely see another hunter in the extended season. They are all at home complaining and posting about seeing no deer.

I shot a buck and a doe in last years extended season in 4C public land. They are getting hungry around x-mas and can be easy to pattern.

Old 03-31-2007, 03:45 AM
Typical Buck

im laughin my mfao here readin some of these posts! "inline& crossbow users are now promoting doe hunting after hours and shooting from truck windows"???????? WTF is that?

some of you guys really carry some off the wall BS to promote your ideas!
and worse yet i think ya may even believe it?

I hunt in 3 different states,,2 of which allow crossbows & inlines to use at your will,,(whenever ya want to use it is fine) and i have yet to see or hear of anyone using them in a manner to hunt illegally,,,maybe its just that i only associate with people that hunt legally and ethically i dont know,,but,,,i do know that if a man/woman wants to do something illegal the gun that he/she carries aint gonna matter!!!!!

for the guy that figures i aint never used a flintlock because i dont think theres a disadvantage to using one,,,,i own

1) t/c hawken- flinter
2) t/c hawken -percussion
3) knight wolverine- inline
4) knight disc- inline
5) my most favorite t/c encore- inline

i shoot each and everyone of them and love them all for what they are,,,i wake up in the morning,,pour myself a cup of coffee,,sit down in front of the gun cabinet and ask myself,,,well,,which one is it going to be???

My point is: I HAVE THE CHOICE,,,nothing more nothing less,im a man and i can make my own decisions.

In close: i dont think we as "a hunting community" should promote our ideas in a degrading manner and i welcome and embrace "New Hunters" to this sport no matter what it takes to get em here.

Like Bill Jordan said: Take a child hunting

Old 03-31-2007, 08:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow I really can't believe this! No one is saying you can't hunt with a flintlock!! All they are asking is that the other primitive firearms should be allowed during the late primitive arms season. You may think your puritan's but a lot could be said about the difference in the two firearms and wounding shots and the less accuracy of a flint lock. I have heard argument from the other side that maybe they should be made illegal because of this. Now understand I'm not saying this this is a argument that I heard from the other side. The way I see it is it should be your choice if you want to usea flintlock by all means do it if you want to use a side lock percussion #11 cap do it and if you want to use a in line that's fine too. No one says you have to use a single shot during general firearms season or a bolt action, to me this is the same thing. That just my 2 cents

Quick Reply: PA HOUSE BILL 819....inlines in the flintlock season..................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.