Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey crossbow season >

new jersey crossbow season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey crossbow season

Old 02-19-2007, 11:12 AM

Default new jersey crossbow season

new jersey is going to have a crossbow season during winter bow season jan 2008! what is your take on this? please no debates or foul language!!!
Old 02-19-2007, 01:36 PM

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

There should be no crossbows in NJ.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:21 PM

If True, its sucks!
Old 02-19-2007, 04:05 PM

It does not bother me at all, we winter bow hunt when others are hunting with black powder. what does bother me is how hard they make it to get a cross bow if you are injured.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

i think its great. we need more hunters afield. i think we need a hangun season also. its all good.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Crossbow during winter bow is fine by me. I hope they're reguired to wear atleast a FL. orange cap while walking with one. Just to be on the safe side.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Crossbows for the disable hunters I agree 100% matter of fact give them a day, but a crossbow season for the general hunter that is bad news. How many seasons are we going to have in NJ? The deer are hunted for 6 months, this puts alot of stress on them, and we all know that the herd are out of control in places where the hunters can't hunt or are limited. So with that said I say no to crossbows, no to any firearm hunting after the new year, no unlimited antlerless hunting, and all deer hunting should stop January 31st
Old 02-20-2007, 06:16 PM

thanks for all of your replies!!! i see hunters for it and hunters against it!! and thanks for keeping it clean!! i am for it and i also bowhunt,muzzleload hunt and shotgun hunt. whatever time of the hunting season they have it is more time i can be in the woods and away from the rat race of life!!!
Old 02-20-2007, 07:10 PM

I dont think guys should NOT be allowed to use crossbows, just not during bow season. Use one instead of Shotgun or Smoke Pole during those seasons if you would like. I dont see why you cant use a less powerful weapon during a season if you choose to make it more of a challange. Whats the harm of using an Xbow during shotgun week if you want?
Old 02-22-2007, 04:00 AM
Typical Buck

I agree with BOWHUNTERCOP 100%. What really cracks me up about it is why crossbows to begin with? Hunter participation? Don't think so, someone who has influence in the F&W dept, you bet? They crack me up, the F&W can pass a law in a week forusing a new weapon that in past years was the devils pitch fork but let a good law like the Sunday bowhunting one sit for years! It will be used in winter bow next year then the following year it will be slid into the regular season andI will bet my over priced taxes on that one!New Jerkey's new state motto -NJ......politics and you, not so perfect together,but hey we wrote the book on it BADABING!

Quick Reply: new jersey crossbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.