Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey crossbow season >

new jersey crossbow season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey crossbow season

Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

i had 3 crossbow hunters here in pa disturb my hunting spot this year..never would see anyone until crossbows..
the reason for that is because of your season bag limits that we dont have in new jersey. most pennsy hunters save there buck tags for the rifle season no? . in new jersey we can take bucks in all the seasons. i guess for a rifle only hunter its easy to adapt to a crossbow than to practice with a bow so thats why you may have an increase afield in crossbow hunters.in new jersey evryone i know is into archery as much as gun hunting so i dont think your gonna see that big of an increase of new hunters but we need them!. its a tough idea to swallow but if its public land its not your spot. i have a hard time with this idea also hunting my areas for some 30 years. i had a hunter pull his truck into the woods 50 yards from my spot . other than breaking the law by not parking in a game land designated area i had to eat it. i did meet with the person and found that they are hunting like 300 yards from where my spot is. if your passionate about hunting an area talk things over with the newbies or adapt and move in deeper or to another spot. i had a similar things happen 2 years ago . what im saying is that this is gonna happen no matter what new seasons come about. what ive found is most never stick around enough to not let you get in a couple good days hunting.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes open up CB's in archery season from the get go! Should have been done couple of years ago! CB hunters ain't gonna mess up yer hunt! They hunt same as you do out of tree stands fer most part and 35 yds. is a very long shot! Get over yer beak getting tweeked, let me hunt with you and not with rifles and shotguns![&o]
Old 02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

Yes open up CB's in archery season from the get go! Should have been done couple of years ago! CB hunters ain't gonna mess up yer hunt! They hunt same as you do out of tree stands fer most part and 35 yds. is a very long shot! Get over yer beak getting tweeked, let me hunt with you and not with rifles and shotguns![&o]
I agree with you Smokey!
Old 02-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Thats odd, guys that are saying open up the to NJseasons to CBaren't even from NJ. Just to let ALL you fellow hunters how bad its getting in NJ I just heard from a reliable source within there own ranks that New Jerkey is going to do away with the earn-a-buck program! Sounds good huh? That is until they start charging extra for the buck tag! That is right you heard it, you can't even shoot a buck until you pay extra!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this it the case I an turning in my hunter ID card and they can take my name out of the database! I will never buy another license in NJ again.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

its this simple,if crossbows are allowed and deer are less,a lot less now here in pa.you will see harder hunting and more pressure of the deer..this causes the bucks to become noc-turnal more than they are now..

i only offered how crossbows are working here in pa.archery hunters HATE crossbows in ARCHERY season..they dont care about them in any other season..only time i see crossbows used is in the ARCHERY SEASON..

crossbow hunters are usually ones up in years or disabled or so called disabled..most look for where YOU are hunting,if they know you are good hunter,they usually are in your area where you are..

i stopped 2 of crossbow hunters and both were following me to my spot..its publicland here, nothing i can do..so, now i hide my truck and walk about half mile then sneak into my spot..

another thing i noticed,is crews driving in archery with crossbows..also i see those crossbow hunters walking more with arrows in the bow..most i see dont hunt from treestand..they walk around ,sit, walk, sit,walk sit..

archery hunters say they are disturbing the buck they are after..

its publicaland and nothing you can do,so, i hide my truck and sneak alot more now..
Old 02-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'll bet you nobody likes crossbow hunters, bow hunters don't want them in there season and I bet you shotgun hunters don’t want them and rifle hunters in Pa, don't want themand blackpowder hunters don’t want them. BUT IT DON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHAT YOU WANT. There will be a crossbow season, so you might as well get use to it and stop complaining about it.[/align]
Old 02-26-2007, 06:03 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Geeze ole JK, I'd swear that you disliked hunters with crossbows! No, infact from what you say, I know you have something against crossbows to be sure. Funny because when you spend so much time in the Crossbow forum you aren't whining like this! Ohhhhh a man with many principles!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess when you signed those emails to me asking for help the JK meant joking!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:04 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: joeyd50

I'll bet you nobody likes crossbow hunters, bow hunters don't want them in there season and I bet you shotgun hunters don’t want them and rifle hunters in Pa, don't want themand blackpowder hunters don’t want them. BUT IT DON'T MAKE A DIFFERENCE WHAT YOU WANT. There will be a crossbow season, so you might as well get use to it and stop complaining about it.
Joey, I like you're attitude, its first class!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:31 PM

Not from the NJ so maybe I should not even post. But you people that think the CB will ruin your hunting need to get off your over protective jealousy style hunting and get over the fact that the CB is coming and will be in your state to stay when it gets there! It is amazing how people continue to stick there head in the sand and act like what has happened in Ohio and Arkansas has never happened. The CB has been in use since the seventy's in both states. Ohio's numbers have only been going up and the deer hunting has been getting better and better every year. This year I will be able to kill three does and one buck, proof that Ohio knows how to manage a deer heard! Yet the Ohio and Arkansas info is never mentioned? Why, cause people are just jealous and self righteous, plain and simple, there way or the highway, what a joke. If your deer numbers are not where they should be it is not cause of a CB, it is because your DNR people do not know how to set proper bag limits and hunting times, not the weapon. Ohio's DNR has show what proper management times and limits can do for a deer heard. So continue to stand on the beach and swear that the tide is not coming in, all us CB hunter's will sit back and watch you guys get wet just like you guys did to the recurve crowd, funny how we forget the past.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

i .love time in the woods with all kinds of weapons. in new jersey they always pushed the idea LOOK HOW MANY DEER YOU CAN SHOOT for your money. lets get real. i can fit a deer or 2 in my freezer and give away one or 2. its not about the numbers for me. i dont care about taking more than one buck a year. id rather eat a young doe. i have guys in my town that shoot like 15 deer a year and are damn proud of it. if thats what makes there boat float than fine. i feel fine letting many deer walk i just like having the different seasons to get out and sit in the woods. to make this cross bow season in january is ridiculous. it should be september 1st. funny thing is that they probably wont require an education course for it but they make you take a seperate muzzleloader rifle course.

Quick Reply: new jersey crossbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.