Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey crossbow season >

new jersey crossbow season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey crossbow season

Old 04-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

Has anyone heard anything newabout the crossbow season?[/align] Thanks[/align] Joe[/align]
Old 04-21-2007, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

nope. but hope to meet new hunters in the field if they do. heck i might even teach them a thing or vice versa.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Fork Horn

Anything new about the Xbow season?[/align] Joe[/align]
Old 07-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing yet. I think the permits willbe tough to get though. I've heard that it'll be something that requires a person to be medically handicapped in able to get a permit. I have a friend that has limited use of an arm and he asked Fish and Wildlife about it and the lady he spoke to said thatit would be very hard for a person to obtain a permit. We'll see.

I'm all for it though. If it'll help someone that ordinarily would not have the ability to bowhunt then more power to them. Most people say they're against it because it'll put more hunters in the woods. More hnuters in the woods means more competition. More competition means less deer for them. It seems there are some greedy hunters here. I hate greedy hunters.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of greedy people, never want to share! Like they think those deer are their personal property. They need an attitude adjustment! They need to understand not all hunters are trying fer a book Buck. Don't get me wrong, i will shoot a decent one quickly. I usually take 1st legal deer that comes by,nannys taste real good! [][:-][8D]
Old 07-01-2007, 07:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

lets talk about more hunters..
i grew up in my hunting area here for 50 years...
had things not to bad UNTIL new jersey hunters started buying land here and building camps..
i NEVER chased anyone off state forestland in all those years..

now, new jersey hunters come in, put up treestands on state land on friday,then on monday they say to me,STAY OUT WE WERE HERE FIRST, YOU KNEW THAT/..

BUDDY, i have been here for 50 years..
so, now you know why most if not all us local hunters dont want to see more hunters in woods,crossbows ARE bringing in more hunters..

do to lack of deer here in WMU2G,things are not very nice for hunters..
call in greed, i guess you are right on that..
what burns me is these out of state hunters come in, put up treestand and think they own woods....

i shot huge buck this year 20 ft from another hunter,he was from kentucky..
he claimed this was his spot...
he even put a threatening letter on my truck that i better not be back next year..
i got news for him, i will be there as usual for my 51 st year in that area..

so, crossbows put more hunters in woods,i dont want to see it but its PUBLICLAND, I HAVE TO LIVE WIT IT...
its very hard to get nice buck now with all doe killing we have had here in last 5 years in pa.....

i used to see 30 deer a day out of that, 8 or 9 buck, last 3 years, i have gone days and not seen a deer and most i saw in 1 day was 3 doe..

hunting is terrible now here in pa. and really a crossbow is not going to help anyone get deer in stateforestland,you have to hunt now and HARD...

only thing crossbows do is put more hunters in woodswhich makes them more NOCTURNAL in archery....
Old 07-01-2007, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hunters from New Jersey buying land and putting up camps has absolutely nothing to do with crossbows. It sounds like you have a beef with out of state hunters, not crossbows.

If they're actually buying the land, doesn't the land belong to them now? If so, then yes, they can legally tell you not to come back. If it's state land, it's first come first serve.

Ifsomeone puts up a deer stand (legally) then it's "their spot", I say. If you come in to hunt your 51st year in "your spot" and put your stand next to someone that has had their stand there for several days, or several minutes, you're asking for trouble.

State land is there for everyone. Not just the locals that have hunted there for 50+ years.

If someone wants to use a crossbow, I have no problem with that. I'd be willing to bet that those same people that'll use a crossbow will also think that it'll be easier to kill a deer as well. When they haven't killed something quicker than they think they should have, they'll probably get frustrated and go home.

I seriously doubtif Pa gives every hunter the right to use a crossbow, you'll be elbow to elbow with hunters the first morning of deer season.

You said, "hunting is terrible now here in pa. and really a crossbow is not going to help anyone get deer in stateforestland,you have to hunt now and HARD..."

Hunting hard has always been what it's all about. Ifcrossbows won't help people "get deerin state forest land", then what's there to worry about?
Old 07-02-2007, 08:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

will try to answer as polite as i can, you also have your views....

first, its stateforestland,not their land..
next, if someone puts up their stand, its their spot..THIS IS THINKING OF THE OUT OF STATE HUNTERS..
am i to leave my spot because they put their stand up on sat and i arrive to hunt from ground on monday?
i have been there for 50 years..
do you know they leave their stands up all year.this is against law..
they then say its THEIR SPOT...
no locals are chasing away hunters its the TREESTAND OUT OF STATE HUNTERS that are trying too..
whats to worry about, more hunters means more spooked deer..now you are going to have huntersthat never would learn to shoot a regular bow running around in woods thinking crossbow is wonder weapon...

more spooked deer and much harder to get a nice buck..you notice i dont say doe, most of those people will shoot whatever comes out in woods, they dont care if 1 doe is left to hunt,they will kill it..

i never chased anyone out of area i grew up in, i dont like them there,call it greed, i dont think so because i only hunt nice bucks and leave doe so we have deer next year..
those others are ignorant ones and most ,if not all are out of state TREESTAND HUNTERS..the ones i see on ground, never cause me any problems, only ones in trees who think this is their spot...

i got news for them, i am not leaving ,its publicland and no one has right to say as they do,I WAS HERE 1 DAY BEFORE YOU, THIS IS MY SPOT..

locals are not going to be chased out by any hunter, out of state or otherwise....
Old 07-02-2007, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets all go Weasel hunting! Its about CB's and his deer! Specially his deer his area of state land, we heard all this sniviling on the other Bowhunting forums here on this site and other sites.[&o]
Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

This is the mentality of someone who's set in their ways. So, you've been hunting "your spot" for 50 years, just because that may be the case, that doesn't give you the right to lay claim on that spot. What if someone comes out and thinks they've found a good spot, only to have you come up and give them hell because you've been hunting there for 50 years.? How would you feel if you stumbled upon another spot that looked promising, only to have me tell you to get lost, that I hunted this spot last year and this is my spot from now on! If the land is public land it's first come first serve, period.

Oh yeah. You might want to use better judgement dealing with them New Jersey hunters. You might find yourself "sleeping with the fishes"! LOL!

Quick Reply: new jersey crossbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.