Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 new jersey crossbow season >

new jersey crossbow season

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

new jersey crossbow season

Old 02-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new jersey crossbow season

ORIGINAL: liquidorange

i .love time in the woods with all kinds of weapons. in new jersey they always pushed the idea LOOK HOW MANY DEER YOU CAN SHOOT for your money. lets get real. i can fit a deer or 2 in my freezer and give away one or 2. its not about the numbers for me. i dont care about taking more than one buck a year. id rather eat a young doe. i have guys in my town that shoot like 15 deer a year and are damn proud of it. if thats what makes there boat float than fine. i feel fine letting many deer walk i just like having the different seasons to get out and sit in the woods. to make this cross bow season in january is ridiculous. it should be september 1st. funny thing is that they probably wont require an education course for it but they make you take a seperate muzzleloader rifle course.
Well Said, Joe Vano!
Old 02-26-2007, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

STINGY! Anyone that calls their self a Hunter but doesn't want another to hunt with a CB during Archery season is stingy! You want all the deer fer yer self! This world is full of people just like you, me first me first! Y'all saying i ain't from NJ, so i can buy a non-resident Lic. You just watch CB Hunters will get to hunt during archery sesaons in half of the USA in next 6 years. I don't use a Bow anymore, can't but i am not Bigott!
Old 02-26-2007, 06:38 PM

What I dont think some of you guys understand about NJ is they dont let you use less powerful weapons if you want during certain seasons. You have 'Archery' Season bows only, need a license for that. They have 'Muzzleloader' season, smoke poles only, need a rifle and muzzleloader permit for that. Then 'Shotgun' Season, shotguns only, need a regular license for that and special permits for either sex seasons.

Now Crossbows enter the picture. Will there be a 'season' for that? More permits, another license, a 'season' for only crossbows that would limit others time in the woods? It DOESNT seem like that will be the case. But, fish and game has decided to allow crossbows during Archery season, starting the whole debate and fighting about if a crossbow is an 'easier' weapon to use in that season. We wont debate that here, but thats the key to the problem. Easier weapon and more people in the woods at that time.

Im positive we would NOT be having this debate if Fish and Game said Crossbows could be used during Shotgun or Muzzleloader seasons if a hunter chose to do so. It'd be more challanging. If you choose to cry that you have no chance of killing a deer with a crossbow during a gun season, well, now you know how traditional Archers MAY feel about sharing that season with the crossbow season. Justified or not, its how many feel.

So, the easy solution to the problem is to allow the XBows as a subsitute for a gun during ALL gun seasons, permit seasons included. That would give people plenty of time to hunt with that weapon. If crossbow hunters dont like that option, it just proves they want a chance at an easier kill, not a chance to hunt with their Xbow.

Along this line of thinking, theres no reason you shouldnt be allowed to hunt witha regular bow during gun season, but I wont go ay further down that road,,,
Old 02-26-2007, 07:11 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Duckmastor2

What I dont think some of you guys understand about NJ is they dont let you use less powerful weapons if you want during certain seasons. You have 'Archery' Season bows only, need a license for that. They have 'Muzzleloader' season, smoke poles only, need a rifle and muzzleloader permit for that. Then 'Shotgun' Season, shotguns only, need a regular license for that and special permits for either sex seasons.
InFl we also haveto purchase County or State wide License and Permits for Archery, Muzzle Loader and have to be drawned forAntlerless and must show permit if caught with a Doe. For WMA's you have to have aLicense $$$, $25 WMA permit(some WMA's is $200)and $5 permit for either Archery or Muzzle Loader and Turkey is an extra $5 permit.

Before we could only use Crossbows on Disability Permit, but now we have Dates for crossbows on private property only, no WMA's, in the General Gun Season only!

Hey, it's better than what we had! It will change even more!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:43 AM

STINGY! Anyone that calls their self a Hunter but doesn't want another to hunt with a CB during Archery season is stingy! You want all the deer fer yer self! This world is full of people just like you, me first me first!
This is soNOT true. Most of the archery hunters that are upset about the crossbows in the archery seasons are upset because the quality of the hunt is going to dimish with more guys in the woods. Most of these "new"crossbow hunters will be thefirearm hunters.

The best thing about the archery seasonsis the fact that you can sit outin the woodsand not really worryingabout seeing a lot of other hunters.This is going to change. It's "funny" how many guys post about thisthat aren't from NJ and say the ones who are opposed to it are wrong. We don't have much land left here. Other states have much more land. NJ is the most densly populated state. How are we supposed to find enough land for everybody to use at the same time and still enjoy the hunting experience?????????
Old 02-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Tn. has lots of people too, also they charge $28 per Lic. and every aspect has its own Lic. Big or small game $28 each and you must have them,as a Big game won't let you hunt small game. Now we have Bow and ML and Turkey and Bear and on and on. Plus WMA permits plus most only allow 9 pts. or better. Don't matter if you see an 8 pt. 25" spread bases big as yer wrists and weighs 285 lbs. he is not legal! [&o]
Old 02-27-2007, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm pro crossbow and am on many xbow forums. I'd like to share a few thoughts w/ ya'll. I read mostly the same objections and repies everywhere.I can understand your collective fears that the orange army is going to drop by Walmart grab an xbow and screw up what has til this point been a good thing. Most gun hunters that haven't used archery equipment of any kind don't fare too well the first few years. Most are used to alot longer ranges than archers take game at. They aren't as scent conscious and get frustrated in short order. The multi tool hunter is already in the woods during archery season. IOW, you are already dealing/sharing w/ them. Your fears are reasonable ones, but the history of xbow expansion has and is proving them mostly unfounded. I'm in Arkansas, have 4 1/2 month season and a 4 deer limit, all weapons. Ohio is the other state that has allowed them for a real long time. Longer seasons and very liberal bag limits in most areas there too for the most part. I know it's easy for my xbow buddies to say it's much ado about nothing because for the most part it's true, but that doesn't do you guys faced w/ expansion or initiation much good at this point. They are legal in one form or another in 47 states today and in something like 11 or 12 during archery season or have their own season running w/ archery season, it's hard to keep up w/ as changes are coming rapidly. Therehas beenvery little impact to the herds or the hunters so far. And in closing, Yes, I know there is a bozo on every bus, yours, mine, theirs. Thank-you for your time.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Dave at Work

STINGY! Anyone that calls their self a Hunter but doesn't want another to hunt with a CB during Archery season is stingy! You want all the deer fer yer self! This world is full of people just like you, me first me first!
This is soNOT true. Most of the archery hunters that are upset about the crossbows in the archery seasons are upset because the quality of the hunt is going to dimish with more guys in the woods. Most of these "new"crossbow hunters will be thefirearm hunters.

best thing about the archery seasonsis the fact that you can sit outin the woodsand not really worryingabout seeing a lot of other hunters.This is going to change. It's "funny" how many guys post about thisthat aren't from NJ and say the ones who are opposed to it are wrong. We don't have much land left here. Other states have much more land. NJ is the most densly populated state. How are we supposed to find enough land for everybody to use at the same time and still enjoy the hunting experience?????????
well said,its funny, when i tell it like it is, DNK has to come after me..i only telling what is truth.truth is archery hunters hate crossbows in ARCHERY SEASON..

call them selfish, whatever, it puts more hunters in woods in archery, THEY HATE THAT.do i like crossbows, NO, because i dont want more hunters after 1 buck that is left in my hunting area..

iN any other season, i dont care..someday when i am old ,90 years old , i will most likely use CROSSBOW..its not crossbow i hate, its MORE hunters in woods..

like i said, most i see with them could never shoot a bow anyhow..disabled i am on their sidebut only the TRULY disabled ,not ones i see that can pull a bow BUT never were any good with bow, so they get CROSSBOW..

yes,archery hunters do hate crossbows, reason is IT PUTS MORE HUNTERS IN WOODS AFTER THE DEER..now, DNK ,go after me for telling TRUTH..also, this is not my opinion ,its opinion of MANY..
Old 02-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: sproulman

the archery hunters now are mad..then throw in lack of deer and you have all these archery hunters and crossbow hunters in same area after a few deer..
Hey sproulman, do a research on Insurance Companies and see which state has the most Deer killed by vehicles in the nation in one year.............Hey, guess what,Pennsylvania![8D]

So don't feed these guys.......Crossbow hunters in the same area after a few deer![:'(]
Old 02-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

ORIGINAL: sproulman

the archery hunters now are mad..then throw in lack of deer and you have all these archery hunters and crossbow hunters in same area after a few deer..
Hey sproulman, do a research on Insurance Companies and see which state has the most Deer killed by vehicles in the nation in one year.............Hey, guess what,Pennsylvania![8D]

So don't feed these guys.......Crossbow hunters in the same area after a few deer![:'(]
will p you rebel as i dont want to get off topic..

Quick Reply: new jersey crossbow season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.