Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Tionesta

Old 12-06-2002, 08:40 AM

Default Tionesta

Anyone know anything about hunting & fishing in the Tionesta, PA area? Might be looking at a camp there and would be interested in learning more about the area.

Airedales hunt for feather or fur!
Old 12-06-2002, 08:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Tionesta

I used to hunt in that area. Had a camp in West Hickory and hunted in Warren Co. We always saw deer and my father and I have shot plenty of deer up there. I did not do much fishing. The country is nice and the people are too. But I since moved to the eastern part of the state and since sold the cabin after I graduated from college. Many memories up there. Just make sure you research it for yourself to make sure it is what you want.

LIFE MEMBER: United Bowhunters of PA. >>------> (x)
Old 12-06-2002, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

ive caught alot of trout the few times i fished the creeks up that way...2 were native brookies too..we always drove from tionesta to the area of keltville....found some good turkey spots too..i like the area...just to far for us to drive to and we havent found the right camp...

Old 12-06-2002, 07:58 PM

Our family has a camp in Newmansville. The guys used to hunt and fish all over the Tionesta area and always had good luck. The camp kinda got run down and the guys got lazy so there hasn't been much hunting or fishing lately. I've gone up there to fish below the dam, at Nebraska bridge and at many spots all the way to Kelletville, and have always had decent luck. Sometimes it is productive to walk along the small streams and look for cover - there's always a trout hiding in there somewhere. Maybe next year I'll go up for archery for something different. I just love the Tionesta area. It's beautiful.
Old 12-07-2002, 08:22 AM

Thanks everyone. I sure appreciate hearing about Tionesta. I looked at a camp near the Nebraska Bridge last year, but things were pretty crowded there. Hunted the first 2 days in Kane this year and saw lots of does, but had no doe tag. Saw one buck, but couldn't count the points, although I am sure he was legal. I just let him walk away rather than shoot an illegal buck.

Old 12-07-2002, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Star1pup ......I was also by Kane i shot a doe up there and a nice mounter buck last year up there. I also took 2 other buck up there since i started to hunt. We have a camp 7 miles north of there on Rt 321. If you know where bobs trading post is our log cabin is diagnally across the street and derectly across from the motel. all together we had 4 hanging but no buck. I also went to the BIG BUCK contest at the treatment plant and i was wondering if you were there....
Old 12-08-2002, 02:17 PM

Didn't go to the Big Buck contest this year. My buddy's camp is way back in the forest and we just stayed in for both days rather than fight the snow.

Old 12-09-2002, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

My mother was born there. I've had a camp on German hill since 1979. The hunting and fishing is great. Plenty of deer bear turkeys grouse and squirrel. Close to some farm country but also not far from "the big woods" The bucks are getting better and the crowds are a mere shadow of what they were when we first started hunting there. Tionesta Lake is a great place for muskies, plenty of good trout water around, Tionesta creek has decent smallmouth and the Allegheny has plenty of smallies, and walleye. There's even a watershed nearby that has a good population of naturally reproducing wild rainbow trout.

Member of NRA, BASS, Buckmasters and Life member of UBP.........Kill a big doe, Let the little bucks grow
Old 12-12-2002, 09:59 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-15-2002, 04:28 PM

Had a chance to check out the Tionesta area on Saturday. Since I was in the area for another reason I couldn't spend a lot of time. Like the area, though, so I might buy the camp I have been looking at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.