Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

moose in mass!

Old 01-26-2007, 07:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: moose in mass!

I think we'll see a lottery draw system in place down the road w/ the growing population... But I'm sure it will be very limited.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:32 AM
jf5

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I think we'll see a lottery draw system in place down the road w/ the growing population... But I'm sure it will be very limited.
I think its enevitable. Maybe in the next 5 years or so...
Old 01-26-2007, 08:58 AM

Unfortunately a moose season is something that is out of DFW's hands. Being a statute, it has to be a legislature change. The more moose/vehicle accidents and water-donkeys venturing intourban areas just makes a stronger case for the hunting season.
Old 01-26-2007, 09:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

What will happen to the guys who shoot the moose in Quabbin?
The one I heard about that happened years ago was the judge was an anti and took the guy's gun license and hunting license away for life. I forget if he got any jail time or was fined too.

ORIGINAL: PredatorTrapper

Many people in MA don't realize any violation of MGL's or CMR's is an arrestable offence. If you cannot correctly identify your target in the forest, you shouldn't be out hunting.
Anycriminal violation of an MGL or CMR is arrestable. A lot of the Chapter 89 and 90MGL's (traffic laws) are civilandyou will only be fined for violating them. Some are criminal and you can and probably will be arrested for such as Unlicensed Operation ofa Motor Vehicle or OUI.

If you violate Chapter 89 Section 9 MGL, your not going to get arrested. It's a stop sign/yield sign/red light violation. They can't arrest on that because its civil.

But you are right. If you can't ID your target, get out of the woods.
Old 01-26-2007, 04:11 PM

PredatorTrapper!!
Old 01-26-2007, 04:15 PM

ORIGINAL: PredatorTrapper

Why are you scared 1falcon, you resemble a moose?
What the hell are you talking about??
There are a bunch of nuts out there!! Shot at anything!! Even moose. That's what I'm talking about. You ever had SLUGS fly by yor head?? Well, I have. Once in NewYork State and twice in mass. I was dressed in Full Blaze orange from head to toe. We did manage to catch the kid that shotby me in New York. It's not a very good feeling to have slugs fly buy your head. I ever heard the sound of them flying by. Thats how close the were. I don't see how you can make light of this proublem "TRAPPER"??Was that you shooting at me???
Old 01-27-2007, 04:25 PM

Hey 1Falcon, didn't mean to make you mad. It was just a joke. I know that trigger happy hunters is a terrible problem. I was shot at this past November by a phesant hunter. I was on a dirt road wearing blaze orange. They are crazy, and it is scary. And no it wasn't me shooting at you. I make no mistake of correctly identifying my target.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:18 PM

Hello Trapper, I'm sorry, I was in a crapie mood at the time, and took what you had said the wrong way. I should't have taken it out on you!!Again i'm sorry. The rest of what I said was true. At least you got shot at with bird shot! Slugs are pretty scary. I walked the woods today (1/28/07)and found some trees with moose rubs all over them. Than about another hundered yards Ifound at least five separate rubs in this one area. The trees were about 4" in diameter. The trees were in groups of 4-5 each. A couple were about 4 feet apartor more.I'm 6 feet tall and these rubs stood just over my head.I never wen't into this area before. Just pulled of to the side of the road and started wallking the woods. Must be alot of moose out here or I just got lucky..Hope you had a goog day Trapper??
Old 01-30-2007, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a slug go right over my head this year... scared the living crap out of me... That was my closest call!

Old 01-30-2007, 03:15 PM
jf5

ORIGINAL: 1falcon

Hello Trapper, I'm sorry, I was in a crapie mood at the time, and took what you had said the wrong way. I should't have taken it out on you!!Again i'm sorry. The rest of what I said was true. At least you got shot at with bird shot! Slugs are pretty scary. I walked the woods today (1/28/07)and found some trees with moose rubs all over them. Than about another hundered yards Ifound at least five separate rubs in this one area. The trees were about 4" in diameter. The trees were in groups of 4-5 each. A couple were about 4 feet apartor more.I'm 6 feet tall and these rubs stood just over my head.I never wen't into this area before. Just pulled of to the side of the road and started wallking the woods. Must be alot of moose out here or I just got lucky..Hope you had a goog day Trapper??
TONS of moose rubs out there. We scouted Oakahm WMA one time in Feb 2006and found about 15 moose rubs all within eyesite of each other. I have a 35MM pic at home where you can see a bunch in one shot.

1996...We had been scouting and finding all these big rubs...man we thought we had a few monster bucks around. When I saw the moose thatseason it all came together. I am a little better at telling the difference now....

Quick Reply: moose in mass!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.