Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > Northeast
 Declining license sales in PA, a new theory >

Declining license sales in PA, a new theory

Community
Northeast ME, NH, VT, NY, CT, RI, MA, PA, DE, WV, MD, NJ Remember, the Regional forums are for hunting topics only.

Declining license sales in PA, a new theory

Old 01-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Declining license sales in PA, a new theory

I'm looking for license history guys,so far can only find back to 98.I'm thinking if my hunch shows up it will be late 70's and I think BT's hunch might show up late 80's.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:13 PM

There's a WCO that comes to our community's wildlife meeting every so often.
I'm going to pose this scenario to him and see if he may have access to the data.
Old 01-14-2007, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

BT's theory does make sense. The sad part is, that we will experience more of a decline each year.
There are so many reasons that contribute to this.

Recruting new hunters will become harder. Kids these days are pushed into others sports a such a young age. PeeWee football, soccer, wrestling seem to be" what's in". Once they start a sport like this, they continue with it until they graduate high school. I know quite a few kids in this scenerio. Its a shame.

Then you have all the media hype about guns and shootings, making parents that don't hunt, steer their kids clear of our sport.

I do see the PGC making a great effort to curb this. I just think that the way kids are brought up today, will spell doom for the future of hunting.

This isn't just a PA issue, its everywhere.

Sorry for getting off topic.
Old 01-14-2007, 09:58 AM

Hell I got so many tags this years that there was no way I could fill them all.
I didn't even bother to fill the tags out when I shot deer. There was no use in it to me. I bet I had 10 tags and maybe shot 7 deer. I knew I would never fill them all so whats the point of filling them out. Have i ever turned in a harvest tag. Not hardly. If the pgc can't see what is happening to the deer population without reports being sent in. I think the report cards are not goanna help them.I have taken bucks with my wifes tags also in the past. Who cares, them tags are paid for and are ment to be used. I even know a gpc who knows I do these things and he just turns his head. As long as the deer are not going to waiste and you got a tag on it and hanging on your property theres nothing that can be done. I actually am good friends with him. He knows I don't waiste what I kill and is very down to earth and understands that some people don't deserve punished for this and that some do. It's nice to know these kind of gpc officials.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know if you need punished but you definately need some type of help.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:10 AM

Hey folks. Here is a real sportsman with ethics to be proud of. NOT!
You are one sick puppy, huskerdo, but you are probably proud of it.
Old 01-15-2007, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

We were talking about a practice back before the bonus tags started bailey.I have reported people in the past and will continue to do so in the future.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's always plenty who don't want to get involved or think it's normal to do illegal acts.It's ashame.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year,the expert USP statistician claimed that he knew of plenty of people whp failed to dend in report cards.When pressed for names,he couldn't or wouldn't come up with any.
Old 01-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

If somebody knows of an act and doesn't report it in my book they're just as wrong.

Quick Reply: Declining license sales in PA, a new theory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.